1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Significance of what visitors see?

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Nov 29, 2005.

?
  1. No

95.1%
  2. In the foyer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. In the halls

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. In the parking lot

4.9%
  5. In the sanctuary

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Where do you or your church stand to visitors?

2. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    By introduce themselves, I took it to mean they stand and give their name. To that, I answered no.
    We have vistors raise their hands so the ushers can give them visitor packets. The packets contain a borchure about the church, a visitor's card and a pen to fill ou the card. The card has a small peel off red rose bud to put on their shirt, blouse or lapel.

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I forgot the use of the internet for church times.

4. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    As for the after service coffee and punch, it gives us a road bump to slow our unaccompanied visitors. That and it's just plain Christian charity to send some one out into a San Francisco winter day with something warm inside them.

5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

My church stands slightly to the west. Visitors typically come in on the east side.

6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I'm curious as to why the question is "does you church have KJV bibles" and not "does your church have bibles". Many churches have bibles in the pews, but since they're not KJV, they'd have to answer "no" to the question.

7. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

My church stands slightly to the west. Visitors typically come in on the east side. </font>[/QUOTE]Shut up already. :D

8. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I wasn't thinking about other bibles. I went to a church recently and they had all KJV bibles, red, sitting between two white hymnals. I moved some around. They were back in place the next time I visited.

9. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that every church should be seeker sensitive (but not necessarily seeker driven).

I liked the handicapped-assessable question best of all.

During the initial stages of building I spoke up against a single-stair entrance into our main building.

There is a large community of handi-capable people near our church. We have a number of individuals and families come to our church primarily because it's the only one truely accessable to wheelchairs.

Within the past few years we even cut a few pews short to allow for wheelchair space, so they don't stick out into the aisles.

I've been to a few churches that make visitors stand-up and introduce themselves.
    As a visitor I would rather shirk and hide than be noticed by everyone else.
    Certainly not a visitor-friendly policy IMHO.

Coffee and donuts on the otherhand, [​IMG] [​IMG]

Rob

10. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    For us the KJV is our version of record, so that's what we have in the pew racks. And we are by no stretch of the imagination KJVO. It just makes it easier on all attendees during the Scripture reading part of the Sunday Morning service. (Yes, we're kinda high church.)

11. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We do have pew Bibles, but NIV not KJV, since this is what is normally used in our worship services.

Also, visitors are invited to take the pew Bible, write their name in it and take it home as their own if they don't already own their own Bible. I don't know, but I hope we buy loads of Bibles every year.

12. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

We dont have visitors cards, yet we do have a visitors book where people can choose to leave their details, and the church will contact them through the week.

13. bapmom

bapmom New Member

We've just recently started doing a "cookie drop" each week. Every visitor who comes on Sunday or Wednesday gets a visit and a little package of homemade cookies the next day. The package also contains a little more information on our church.

We also have a visitor's reception right after the Sunday morning service. A couple from our church takes them into a side room and we serve goodies for a minute while the pastor comes in and says Hi and introduces himself. It only lasts about 5 - 10 minutes, but so far people have really appreciated it.