1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Silly hip

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Gina B, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I don't know what's wrong with it, but it's been at least a couple of months, and my right hip isn't healing from whatever initially triggered it. I have no clue what that was! It is getting worse, and last night woke me up numerous times. My prescription pain meds don't do a thing for it, which is very weird. If it was muscular or arthritic pain, those meds should do the trick, but they don't stop it one tiny bit.

I'm going to give it one more month (or until it stops me from walking, whichever comes sooner) before going to the doctor to see what on earth is up with it. It's on the outside, near the joint, yet the pain increases if I turn my leg in, but not out so that is also very weird!

2. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

Are there mature ones at your church? Ask them for prayer to heal you.

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

That will happen on Saturday and Sunday, when I see them next.

I do believe some of the faithful on here have just as much validity with our Father too though, thus my request! Plus, I'm in pain NOW and see no reason not to ask as many as are willing to join in trying to lesson my pain.

Prayer is my first line of defense. If it isn't meant to be, then the pain will continue and I'll know the answer is "you need to see a doctor." But first...prayer. From whoever is willing, be they local or in another country.

4. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

God bless you girl! You will be healed

5. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I am praying for your hip!

6. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying: for your healing.
    :praying: that God will answer your prayer!

7. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm praying for you and your hip. :flower:

8. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your speaking my language, soo...Turning the leg in is one of the precautions I have warn people about all the time when they have had hip replacement surgery (by posterior approach) because in doing so it pulls the femoral head out of the acetabula joint while doing a posterior glide. Anyway, if turning your leg is causing pain you are likely dislocating your hip when doing so. Strengthening your abductors (the muscles that bring your leg away from the body) may help. (Attach a Theraband or ankle weight to your foot and move your leg out and back, but it must be a pain mostly free as to be sure not to aggravate). Also, one might suspect your joint could be degenerative which is allowing it to slip and there is only one permanent and eventually usually inevitable treatment for that; x-rays will tell. BTW, if THR becomes necessary the anterior approach is much easier to recuperate from; I’ve also watched that surgery and was quite impressed with it.

:praying:

9. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Thank you so much for the prayers! The pain was getting quite intense and interrupting my sleep, but when I woke up yesterday morning, I could not tell there was a problem.
    I tested it out and even went swimming. The last time I did so, it was very tough to get in and out of the pool. There was no problem!

Not wishing to aggravate it, I tried a few different things to make sure it is okay. All things were done pain free apart from turning it completely to the outside, which is odd, since that was not an issue before...turning it IN, even a short ways, was painful. Turning it out now is the only pain, but that's only if I turn it ALL the way out and it is not intense, just a warning sign.

It is now somewhat itchy, which is a sign I always associate with healing.

Unless something changes, I do believe that prayers have been answered and the silly hip is well on its way to being fully healed.

Thank you for joining me in this request! It is odd but wonderful to feel normal again. I hadn't realized just how much it was affecting me and noticed that I had changed how I walk, sit, and move in order to accommodate the pain, but now that is no longer needed. :godisgood: