1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Simon of Cyrene

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Gerhard Ebersoehn, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    ... the First Sheaf wasn’t “cut and gathered-in the previous Seventh-day Sabbath evening”.

My view is that the first portion of barley was cut on the day the lamb’s life was cut. The barley was cut loose from the earth in the sense its connection with its life-source, the earth, was severed.

I believe in the year of our Lord’s death the portion of barley-field was reaped or cut on the Fifth Day of the week and fourteenth day of the First Month. Remember Simon of Cyrene who came from the field and was forced to carry Jesus’ cross that day not long before its third hour? The man who had gone to cut the first piece of land of corn / barley ---the very man to carry the instrument or sickle in the hand of the Almighty to cut from life "the First Sheaf to be waved before the LORD"?!

2. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I believe ....

'There is no bridge between believing and not believing than Confession of Faith.' ... more or less what Karl Barth said.

Therefore ... I confess:
    I believe John 19:14 speaking of the fourteenth day of the First Month
    and Mark, Matthew and Luke speaking of the same day,
    and Exodus 12 and Leviticus 23 speaking of the same day,
    that "leaven be removed"
    as it is to "kill the passover";
    as it is to “strike the blood” on the door posts and lintel,
    as Matthew tells of the graves that opened when Jesus died the SAME day;
    that First Sheaf of the firstfruits Jesus the Christ was reaped off from the earth
    and "Messiah cut off" from the living
    and was "lifted up" and "deserted by all"
    his life "scattered" like "bones in the valley of bones"
    like "the corners of thy field when reaped",
    THAT "THAT DAY" WAS,
    I BELIEVE:
    "The Preparation of the Passover …
    “and they platted a crown of thorns and put it on his head,
    “and they put upon Him a purple robe … [Exodus 12:22,23]
    “and the Jews answered …
    “WE HAVE A LAW, AND BY OUR LAW HE OUGHT TO DIE
    “One Simon coming from his land [of harvest]
    “they laid hold of [‘picked up’ as barley stalks]
    “him they COMPELLED [by Law of the Passover’s Preparation]
    “to bear his cross [like a sheaf on his back a reaper of harvest]
    “to a place called [Bone of] Skull.”

3. billwald

billwald New Member

I think you start these endless threads because you are a nit picking Gnostic Pharisee who thinks we are all going to Hell if we fail to agree with you.

4. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

I would say that describes a quite a few here.

I don't know Gerhard that well, though.

5. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

GE:

And thanks for your unfailing and consistent painting the background for my pictures of hell.

6. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

It's my way of inviting people to think original, new, discovering, fresh.

'Discovery is to see what everybody has been seeing all the time; then to think what no one has thought yet.' ---saying from a lost sugar sachet, therefore, 'more or less'.

The Jews - and their followers among Christians - tell stories of the first barley being cut in the night just before the morning - as they say - it would be brought to the priest to be waved an offering.

The Exodus story in line with the passover-law in Leviticus 23 though, is clear as daylight, EVERYTHING that HAD to be done on "the fourteenth day", was of PREPARATORY nature*; even to kill the lamb. Because the lamb had to be slaughtered SO THAT it could be eaten in the following night. Leaven had first to be REMOVED, in order that unleavened bread the following night, could be eaten.
    *John 19:14 “it was The Preparation-of-the-passover”

The Jews had to DRESS in preparation of their exit.
    They had to strike the blood to their doors in time and preparation for the death angel. They had to mix their dough so that next morning they could carry it on their shoulders out.

EVERYTHING on the 14th of Abib!

In later law after the exodus, Israel had to cut the - first - corners of the winter's harvest for a sheaf to be waved "on the day after the (passover-) sabbath" ---the context? Leviticus 23!

This PREPARATION FOR, the bringing and waving, becomes apparent in the Ezekiel vision of the bones that lay scattered over the earth before they were gathered together and became alive again.

The remains of the lamb had to be burned back to the earth on the day AFTER – on the day that Israel exited Egypt, the 15th day of the month, like later in the promised land the first reaping would be left on the fringes of the field "for the poor" to save them from starvation. So Christ would be slain or cut loose from earthly life on the "head first day" of "the three days", and his "remains" - his body; his ‘dust’ his ‘stalks’ - would be interred the day after on the earth as in the earth, before God would "BRING again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that Great Shepherd of the [poor, starving] sheep through the blood of the Everlasting Covenant [of Grace] whereby "All Israel" would be saved "once for all" --- for which reason Christ said in Matthew 12 that "NO SIGN" other would be given them than the sign of the prophet Jonas and “three days and three nights”. "For if JESUS HAD GIVEN THEM REST, GOD AFTER (Jesus had given them rest) WOULD NEVER AGAIN SPEAK OF ANOTHER DAY OF SALVATION". Jesus’ salvation is the only and last salvation.

Passover - the Passover of Yahweh - was the ONLY and ONCE FOR ALL sign and sacrifice and day of salvation-rest whereby and wherein WITHAL Christ fulfilled ALL the Law of the Covenant of Grace.

Christ who is the Fullness of God.
    Christ who is the Head of the Church The ALL in all fulfilling FULLNESS OF GOD.

There are Christians - good people; saved people - who believe Christ must come again to fulfil Atonement Day in the Seventh Month. They do not perceive Jesus' PASSOVER also fulfilled Atonement Day as EVERY AND ALL other 'feasts' or sacrifices or whatever ‘prophecy’ "spoken by the prophets in times past".

Simon of Cyrene attests to the Truth as it is in "the Son" in and by whom "God in these last days" have been speaking "unto us" with regard to the "First Sheaf Offering" of Jesus Christ "waved before the LORD" through Resurrection from the dead ---that He was "crucified AND BURIED, and the third day ACCORDING TO THE Scriptures" the PASSOVER-Scriptures, "rose from the dead again.

Have said it before, I say it again, There is No Saviour Jesus Christ crucified or raised, who not ALSO is Saviour Jesus Christ “BURIED … according to the Scriptures": "this selfsame BONE-day" of the fifteenth day of the First Month.

Come "Hell" or devil or billwald, it’s true!

#6 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2012