1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sin and Salvation

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Lacy Evans, Feb 20, 2007.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No such thing as a "false brother." What is a true brother, if there is a false brother? Why such the confusing dichotomy that you are so conveniently constructing for yourselves. Paul says no such thing. He writes about false teachers and false prophets, those that were evidenly unsaved people that were spreading false doctrine. There are only two groups of people in this world--the saved and the lost. There is no such thing as "the not really saved." What nonsense!!

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

You deny the scripture?

Gal 2:4And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:

3. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

The false brethren in Gal 2 is referring to those who intentionally infiltrated the church in order to
    They were not people who mistakenly thought they believed in the Lord Jesus but really didn't because they were still sinning. They were probably people who taught that you had to keep the law to be saved. Like some other people I know.

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Let me clarify. It does say false brother. But the false is an adjective meaning pretender. They were false teachers. They were wolves in sheep's clothing. They were not of the type of people that you were describing. The reference goes back to Acts 15--the Judaizers--brethren that demanded circumcision as a condition for salvation. Paul called them false brethren because they demanded works as a condition for salvation. It was a false gospel that they were spreading. They were false teachers taking on the name Christian. This has nothing to do with the subject of sin and Christianity; immorality and Christianity. It might be more applicable if you were discussing Benny Hinn and Christianity. In context it is speaking of false teachers.

There are the saved, and the unsaved--not the "not truly saved." Paul never uses such a term. He does say false teachers and false prophets. That is what this term refers to. All the apostles, and Jesus himself warns about such people.

5. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

We don't "deny" the Scripture, just your twist on it. These false brethren are either saved or they are not. There is not a third class of "not quite saved" folks that are waiting to see if their "faith" bears any fruit before they know they are saved.

There are no Biblical warnings to anyone known as a "false professor". If they are saved the warning concerns chastening. If they are unsaved, they need to get saved!

lacy

PS. Answer the question. Do you believe the three pastors in your post are not saved or do you believe something else?

6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

What you think these threads are about? "still sinning"

7. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Those were Paul's words and didn't say teacher either, so you and DHK take it up with Paul.

I would perfer they were not saved for if it were possible for them to be saved and they tasted of the Heavenly fruits and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, they are gone for good.

8. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Saved believers still sinning. Believers who will be beaten with many stripes and will not inherit the kingdom of God, who's works will be burned but they shall be saved, yet so as by fire.

9. His Blood Spoke My Name

That verse in 1 Corinthians 3 says absolutely nothing about the believer spending time in hell.

The works are burned, not the believer.

10. His Blood Spoke My Name

Not truly saved is still applicable, DHK.

The unsaved who are wolves in sheep's clothing pretenting to be saved are not truly saved. 'Unsaved' and 'not truly saved' mean the exact same thing.

11. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

My entire Post, now where is the twist?

Luke 13:

22: And he went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem.
    23: Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,
    24: Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
    25: When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:

#31 Brother Bob, Feb 20, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2007
  12. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

It obviously wasn't n that post. It was in one of the other 7000.:thumbs:

This verse doesn't prove that the warnings are to "false professors."

lacy

13. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

OK I can quote scripture about salvation too. Do you think "salvation" means the same thing every place it is used?

Ac 27:31 Paul said to the centurion and to the soldiers, Except these abide in the ship, ye cannot be saved.

Better get yourself a boat!!!

14. PASTOR MHG

PASTOR MHG New Member

Or better yet Lacy, to Quote ??Scripture?? as Bro. Bob does...

"when in Rome do as the Romans.":thumbs:

This is truly going nowhere fast!

Good day men.

Max

15. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Yep. That was even after Pentecost. I'm pretty sure that if your not in the ship, you aren't saved.

16. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

It is absolutely silly to compare the two. yikes!!!!

17. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

If you didn't want to lose your head you better do what the Romans did.

I would rather misquote than "amen sinning".
    Pastor MHG:
    Amen and Amen Brother Rufus!!!

(that does include molesting little children too)

#37 Brother Bob, Feb 20, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2007
  18. PASTOR MHG

PASTOR MHG New Member

What a Great and Merciful God we serve! To think he would bestow on me the gift of eternal life and then continue to use me though I reside in this flesh (the body of this death) that must be brought into subjection daily because it rebels against Him.

Praise his Holy Name for his long suffering and mercy!

When I stray, He whips me and sets me back on the path I am to travel...what a Loving Heavenly Father!

You know, My son could spit in my face...but I am still his Dad!
    He could tell me he hates me...But I am still his Dad!
    He could steal from me...but I am still his Dad!
    He could lie to me...but I am still his Dad!
    He could commit adultery...but I am still his Dad!
    He could commit fornication...but I am still his Dad!
    He could strike his Mother (God help him!)...but I am still his Dad!

Get it!

What a wonderful Saviour and Loving Father we have!

Max

19. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

What if you walked in just as your son had his fist drawn to strike his mother, would you stop him?

20. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

amen Amy;........