1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured SIN DOES NOT SEND MAN TO HELL....Bear With Me...lol

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Matt22:37-39, Oct 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winman

Winman Active Member

Sin was not responsible for Adam and Eve's physical death, otherwise eating of the tree of life would be of no effect. The reason Adam and Eve physically died is because they were barred from the tree of life.

All men die physically as a consequence of Adam's sin. Man was barred from the tree of life and thus will die.

This is actually a blessing, otherwise men would live eternally in sin. Mortality is one of the great incentives to turn from sin and trust Jesus.

In heaven the curse will be removed and men will be allowed to eat of the tree of life and will live forever.

Paul is not speaking of physical death in Romans 5 or Romans 7, but spiritual death. Paul said that sin entered the world by Adam and death (spiritual) by sin, and so death (not sin) passed upon all men, for that all have sinned. That is, all men have committed their own personal sin.

That Paul is speaking of spiritual death is easy to determine by looking at the terms used in this chapter. Paul speaks of righteousness and justification, he speaks of transgression and condemnation. These are all legal terms, Paul is not speaking of physical death here.

If you believe that spiritual death is unconditionally imputed to all men because of Adam, then you must also believe that righteousness is unconditionally imputed to all men because of Jesus. This is not what Paul is teaching in Romans 5, but rather that death passes or is imputed to all who sin, and righteousness is imputed to all who trust Christ.

#21 Winman, Oct 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2012
  2. Winman

Winman Active Member

Not so, the scriptures say men have the law written on their hearts and therefore shall perish without the law.

You don't have to have a written law to know lying, stealing, or killing is wrong, men innately understand this.

Rom 2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
    13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
    14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
    15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another; )

The scriptures also say what may be known of God is revealed to all men so that all are without excuse. However, this is speaking of men, not newborn babies or very little children. Scriptures such as Deu 1:39, Isa 7:16, and Jon 4:11 clearly show that little children cannot distinguish between good and evil and are not held accountable.

Note that Paul is speaking of spiritual death in these scriptures, he equates "perishing" with being "judged".

#22 Winman, Oct 14, 2012
  3. Matt22:37-39

Matt22:37-39 New Member

PLEASE tell me what i said in this op that was wrong? Everything I said is true. If what I said is not true then why do we still sin?

There is a misconception among believers that SIN is what separates them from God. That in order to find favor with God they must not do any thing "bad".

According to scripture there is only ONE condition that will not be forgiven, and it isn't suicide (another misunderstood topic) and that is according to Matt 12:31 ""Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven."...meaning, that if one hears the gospel "The Good News" of how Jesus died for ALL their sins, how they need to repent of their sins and make Jesus Lord of their life, and if they really meant it in their heart, that the Holy Spirit will come in and GIVE them new life, and now have eternal life and fellowship with a God they didn't have before. Whew, that was long....OK, so one hears all that and the HS is nudging them to respond and they do not....that REJECTION is what separates man from God which automatically sends him to Hell. Hell is basically everything that is opposite of God...

God is LIGHT....Hell Darkness
    God is LOVE....Hell is gnashing of teeth and pain
    God is COMFORT...Hell is torment
    God is GOOD...Hell is bad

I'm sure your still wondering well if our sins doesn't separate us from God what does?
    It is the fact that we were born with a SIN CONDITION!

That is why Jesus said in John 3:7 "YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN" To Nicodemus...and Nicodemus wasn't getting it, he said..."how can a man go back into his mothers womb"...and Jesus went on to tell him it was spiritual, not physical...He basically was saying we are all born in a sin condition because of Adam, and He came to RENEW it. Now although God forgave Adam and Eve their sin through the SHED BLOOD offering (Forgiveness and Faith) and covering of an animals after they repented. God set into motion a series of events and conditions...one of those conditions was that mankind would be born SEPARATED SPIRITUALLY from God....

Man is a 3 part being, BODY....SOUL (mind, emotions and will)....SPIRIT. That is the way God created man, but man blew it by disobedience and now is born only BODY and SOUL.
    When one comes to the age of accountability (whatever that may be...individually depends) and hears the gospel, if he SINCERELY YIELDS to this CALL, his SPIRIT which was dead, is now made alive, enlightened and now this person can have fellowship with God that he couldn't before...NOT out of fear or brownie points, but because of mutual love and respect. Like any good marriage.

See, the point is we still have to deal with this BODY (Paul says this in Romans 7) and our mind, emotions and will. So we still SIN, and will keep doing so till we go home and get a new body and a new mind.

In the mean time, when God looks down, He doesn't me the SINNER, but Jesus's RIGHTEOUSNESS IN ME, Paul talks a lot about this in Romans..."His blood made me as white as snow"...therefore in God's eyes I AM RIGHTEOUS, not because of anything I have done, but what Jesus did for me.

So next time you hear or think what you do or don't (Sins of commission and omission) determines your STANDING with God, just remember God LOOKS at the HEART and man the outward. All sin does now is EFFECT your RELATIONSHIP with God, not who you are In Christ, Your standing or position with Him in Heaven, or how much he loves you...like any MARRIAGE your sin and communication will either draw you closer to God or further away...HE NEVER MOVES...YOU DO and I DO.

4. Winman

Winman Active Member

What is wrong is that you ASSUME that a person must have a sin nature to sin. The reason I call that an assumption is because the scriptures clearly show that a sin nature is not necessary to sin.

Question, did Satan have a sin nature when God created him? NO, the scriptures say Satan was perfect when he was created.

Eze 28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

Satan was created perfect. He did not have a sin nature. But he was able to sin wasn't he? This proves you do not have to have a sin nature to sin, all you need is free will and a lack of faith in God.

Did the fallen angels who followed Satan and Adam and Eve have a sin nature when they were created? NO, they were all "very good" in God's own words.

Gen 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

"Every thing" that God made was very good. Satan was good, the angels who fell were good, and Adam and Eve were good. None of these had a sin nature originally, yet all of them sinned.

So, while it is possible that a sin nature explains why we sin, it is pure assumption to believe we sin because we are born with a sin nature. You need scripture that directly tells us this, and there is no such scripture that says men are born with a sin nature. You cannot possibly show it.

Is there scripture that says man is not born sinful? YES.

Ecc 7:29 Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions.

Many falsely claim this verse is speaking of Adam only, but the word "they" is plural and points directly to the word "man" showing this verse is speaking of all men, not just Adam.

Are there more scriptures that say men are made upright? I believe so.

Jam 3:9 Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.

Did James say we are born evil with a sin nature? NO, he said we are made after the similitude or likeness of God. In fact, I believe that calling men evil is a fulfillment of this very verse, cursing men who are made after the similitude of God.

I could show you many more verses that show men are not born dead in sin, but this is something you need to study for yourself.

But your premise from the beginning is flawed, because all men sin does not prove we are born with a sin nature.

#24 Winman, Oct 14, 2012
  5. Matt22:37-39

You are not sticking to the OP....Bottom line is man was born with a SIN CONDITION that has caused him to be born SPIRITUALLY DEAD and SEPARATED from God.

In order to have fellowship with God, he must be born again, meaning once he accepts what Christ did on the cross by faith through grace and makes Jesus LORD, that person receives the Holy Spirit IN them and now they become born again receiving Christs RIGHTEOUSNESS and no longer their own, which really wasn't righteousness, as the bible tells us all OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS are a s filthy rags...So our GOOD doesn't matter, nor does our BAD...it is our CONDITION that needs to change.

Our condition was changed by God's presence IN us, but we still sin...the only thing that has changed is we now have a power over sin that we didn't have before and our spirit has been made alive again.

6. Winman

Winman Active Member

No, scripture says God has made man upright, but they have sought out many inventions. All men go astray in sin and become lost. Men are not originally lost.

Read Luke 15 where Jesus tells three stories about sinners who repent. He first tells of a shepherd who has 100 sheep. One goes astray and becomes lost, the shepherd seeks for this lost sheep and recovers it, and rejoices. Jesus then explains this is a lost sinner who repents. But the lost sheep was not originally lost was he?

Then he tells of a woman with 10 pieces of silver. One is lost, she searches and recovers it and rejoices. Jesus explains this is a sinner who repents. But the coin was not originally lost was it?

Was the prodigal son originally lost? NO, he was at home with his father, he willingly left home and went out in sin, joining himself to a citizen of a far country (Satan). When he repents and returns home, twice Jesus said the boy was alive AGAIN.

Luk 15:24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

Luk 15:32 It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.

If we are born dead in sin, separated from God, how could Jesus say the prodigal son was alive AGAIN? He couldn't. But if we are not born lost in sin, but become lost after birth and then repent, then it can be said we are alive AGAIN.

But there is more, much more.

1 Pet 2:25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

Peter, like Jesus in Luke 15 says we are like a sheep that has left the flock and gone astray, but are now RETURNED to Jesus. If we are born dead in sin, separated from God, it would not be possible to say we are returned to God. You cannot return someplace you have never been.

I cannot return to Utah, because I have never been there. I can return to California, because I went there many years ago.

The scriptures do not show us as being BORN lost in sin, they show the exact opposite.

I realize this is new to you, but read scripture and see for yourself.

#26 Winman, Oct 14, 2012
  7. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

Your posts are confusing. You mentioned earlier an age of accountability, yet you speak of all being born spiritually dead and separated from God; that one must be born again to have fellowship with God.

The Bible speaks of no such thing as "age of accountability". If there is such an age, what is it? Five years? Six? Twelve? Some other age?

The fact is, all are born spiritually dead and unless they make a profession of faith in Christ they will spend eternity in hell. Age has nothing to do with it. Paul wrote in Romans 3:23 that "ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." Since there are babies born practically every moment of the day, I would say that when Paul said that "all have sinned," there was a newborn out there somewhere who was included in the "all".

Am I saying newborns who die never have the chance to accept Christ as Lord and Savior? Not at all. I believe God reveals Himself to all... even the newborn, and gives them the chance to trust Him.

God is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. For this reason, I believe that even that newborn has a chance to turn to God.

8. Winman

Winman Active Member

You all contradict yourselves. You all want to believe that we are born dead in sin, yet none of you wants to believe that a baby who dies goes to hell. Your innate sense of justice tells you it is unjust for a baby or small child to go to hell.

All this confusion simply because you believe the false doctrine of Augustine instead of what the scriptures say and show.

Why don't you just believe what the scriptures say? The scriptures say God has made man upright, but that all men go astray and become lost. The scriptures also show that God does not punish little children who do not know between good and evil.

Solves all the problems instantly. Why? Because it is truth.

9. Matt22:37-39

WINMAN you are using parables that Jesus was referring to those who ARE SAVED, sheep are of God, wolves of the devil. Jesus said that the devil is the father of those who are not saved. So your point is mute.

All those parables are about those are His. So your interpretation is wrong.

Fred,

Children are born with a sin nature and it is seen very clear early on when they want their own way. But for some reason God has made a PREVISION for them and those who are of mental handicapped to the point that would limit their understanding. A child has a simple faith and doesn't NEED INTELLECTUAL understanding like adults do to trust in God and even the gospel.

It doesn't change the truth of what I said just because I can't PROVE that God somehow makes provisions for them and cleanses them from all unrighteousness by the blood of Jesus.

So what you are saying is aborted babies and children do not go to HEAVEN?...cause that is basically what you are saying.

10. Winman

Winman Active Member

Nonsense, look at the scriptures.

Luke 15:4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?
    5 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.
    6 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.
    7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Surely you recognize that the shepherd represents Jesus himself, Jesus called himself the Good Shepherd. Originally the shepherd had 100 sheep, only one was lost. And when he recovered this one lost sheep, Jesus said there is greater rejoicing over this one sinner who repents than 99 just persons who need no repentance.

Now, if everyone is born dead in sin, who could these 99 persons who need no repentance be? They couldn't be anybody if Original Sin is true.

But what if Original Sin is not true? What if everyone is born upright and is only lost when they knowingly and willingly sin against God, could there be 99 just persons who need no repentance? YES. Children who die at birth or at a very young age have not sinned and need no repentance.

The story is the same with the woman with 10 silver coins.

Luke 15:8 Either what woman having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find it?
    9 And when she hath found it, she calleth her friends and her neighbours together, saying, Rejoice with me; for I have found the piece which I had lost.
    10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

Again, how many pieces of silver did the woman originally have? TEN. Only one was lost, the other nine were never lost.

What about the prodigal son, what did Jesus say?

Luke 15:11 And he said, A certain man had two sons:

Was the prodigal son originally lost? NO, the scriptures say the father had two sons. When the prodigal repented, Jesus said he was alive AGAIN. If we are born dead in sin, it could never be said we are alive again. You believe we are born dead, so how can we be alive AGAIN? Absurd.

But what about the other son, what did Jesus say?

Luke 15:29 And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends:
    30 But as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf.
    31 And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine.
    32 It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.

The elder son claimed he had NEVER transgressed his father's commandments at any time. Did the father correct him? NO, the father confirmed what the elder son said, he called him "Son" and said, "thou art EVER with me, and ALL that I have is thine". Would God say this to a lost sinner? NO.

Who could this elder son who never sinned be? The only reasonable answer is that he is a person who died at birth or early childhood and was never lost. This person never sinned.

But note there is no celebration for the 99 sheep who are never lost, the 9 coins who were never lost, or the elder son who was never lost. The celebration is only for those who were lost and have repented.

Now, if Original Sin is true, a person would have to believe that Jesus was not aware of it, because Jesus clearly shows 99 sheep who are never lost and need no repentance, 9 silver pieces that are never lost, and the elder son who never sinned and was never lost.

You must believe that Jesus is absolutely unaware of Original Sin to tell three parables that absolutely disagree and contradict Original Sin.

I prefer to believe that Jesus knew exactly what he was saying, and that Augustine was in complete error.

Believe what you wish.

#30 Winman, Oct 14, 2012
  11. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No I didn't mean to quote anyone.

I should have said they are "free from the sense of sin", that is they have no concept of sin or evil.

At very best they only have an understanding of NO! from their parents.

The Spirit of God alone knows when to convict them that their deeds are evil.

HankD

#31 HankD, Oct 14, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  12. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And that is the point, in Adam we all die, even innocent babies can die.

You at least admit that we inherit death from Adam.

But why? Because he sinned, not the innocent babe.

HankD

13. Matt22:37-39

WINMAN...btw, your profile says you are Baptist, Catholic and Methodist..no wonder why you are confused!

Well for one Jesus hadn't died ON the cross yet for man's sins so the Holy Spirit didn't INDWELL and SEAL MAN until Pentecost. until then the H.S. came and went.

Three parables show how they all belonged to GOD He always stayed the same and never left but it was the sheep, the coin and the son that became lost and God rejoiced when they came back...This is a whole new study in itself. One of which shows how if one is truly a BELIEVER and one of GOD'S... God will seek out that which is lost (it also refers to those who don't believe as well...because God has chosen before the foundations of the world who would be His)

The lost SHEEP is a picture of one who knows Jesus as He is the sheep's Shepherd. Who wandered off.

The COIN is something of VALUE again a picture of the BELIEVER, so when the "OWNER" found it again.

And the SON obviously is the FATHERS son, again a picture of a true believer and the other son one who was just religious and his heart wasn't right...picture of the pharisees.

Where you get the idea that the older son NEVER sinned is beyond me and no where to be found.

BTW, your question doesn't change the fact we were all born with a sin condition that separates us from a Holy God until we are born again...this is simple basic Christian theology...not sure why you are having a problem with it.

#33 Matt22:37-39, Oct 14, 2012
  14. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I very much believe that a baby or small child can go to hell. It is not unjust. If they are in hell, they are rightly in hell. God knows the heart of each and every individual. If anyone is in hell, they are rightly there and I cannot say otherwise. Are babies in hell? There can very much be the possibility. God commanded even newborns to be killed in the Old Testament. They were not "innocent" to Him.

15. Winman

Winman Active Member

The Roman Catholics did not baptize babies to remove physical death, they baptized babies to remove Adam's sin. This is error. Babies are not born guilty of sin, or spiritually dead in sin.

Yes, it is true that all men physically die as a consequence of Adam's sin. God sent man out of the garden and barred him from the tree of life. In the New Jerusalem men will be allowed to eat of the tree of life and so will physically live forever.

Gen 3:22And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever

Sin does not cause physical death, else there would be no need for God to bar man from the tree of life. No??

So, it seems man has always been dependent upon the tree of life to physically live forever. Sin did not cause death, being barred from the tree of life caused physical death.

Adam and Eve spiritually died the day they sinned, God did not lie.

God does not impute the sin of the father to the children.

Eze 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

None of this is the issue. Because all men sin does not prove we are born with a sin nature, as Satan, the fallen angels, and Adam and Eve all sinned, yet none of them was created with a sin nature.

The scriptures do not say we inherit a sin nature from Adam. and they do not say we are born spiritually dead because of Adam, these are inventions of Augustine and the RCC.

I think I have provided scripture that clearly refutes Original Sin.

16. Winman

Winman Active Member

I have been a Baptist since I accepted Jesus as my Saviour in a Baptist church 48 years ago. I have always attended a Baptist church. I think you are the one who is confused. In one breath you say we are born dead in sin separated from God, in the next breath you contradict yourself and say God does not hold children guilty of sin. Make up your mind.

I understand the three parables Jesus told quite well, and they all absolutely refute Original Sin. I doubt anyone has ever really pointed this out to you, you simply believe whatever you have been told without putting any real thought into it.

Truth is, if you believe in OS you cannot possibly understand these three parables which are one. They don't make sense if OS is true.

I will believe Jesus, Jesus said the prodigal son was alive AGAIN. If we are born dead in sin (which is an oxymoron) as you believe, then it could never be said we are alive AGAIN.

You do understand what the word "again" means don't you?

Listen to scripture and not to men.

17. Winman

Winman Active Member

Oh, and if you believe the sheep, the silver piece, and the prodigal son is speaking of a believer, then you must believe a person can lose their salvation, as Jesus said the prodigal son was "dead" and "lost"

Luk 15:24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

Luk 15:32 It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.

As you see, if the prodigal son (but the sheep and silver piece as well) are believers, then you do not believe in Eternal Security, you must believe that a believer can be lost and dead in sin after being saved.

But Hebrews 6 shows it impossible for a person to be renewed to repentance.

Nice try, but no gold ring for you.

18. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

See, I will disagree with your interpretation of the Prodigal Son because never was the son not the father's son, was he? Yes, he had strayed but he never was un-childed.

19. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Adam and Eve did not immediately die. The scripture literally says "dying you shall die" death is a process as well as a condition.

read on in Ezekiel 18:20

20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.
    21 But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.
    22 All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.​

This passage is speaking of actual sin, sin committed with understanding of the law which works both ways, the father can not be held guilty of his sons sins neither the son can be held guilty under the law of Moses for his fathers infractions.​

Romans 5 deals with the concept of sin and death as man's spiritual condition.

KJV Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:​

You can't have it both ways, either innocent babies die as a consequence of Adam's sin or their own sin.

The first sin you or I committed and were awakened to the evil thereof, we loved the darkness and put our stamp of approval upon the evil we had done proving we were truly the sons of Adam.

The tree bore the the mature and ripe apple proving an apple tree all along even before the appearance of the fruit.

True, some come to the light - I've left that to the C vs A debate - it's beyond the scope of my understanding.

HankD

20. Winman

Winman Active Member

Jesus said he was both "dead" and "lost", terms never used of any believer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.