1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Sin Essential to God's Purpose in Christ !

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by savedbymercy, Dec 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

archangel

I know who Paul is writing to !

Please show me where I stated that ! Give us the quote out of any post I have posted ! If not, admit you have just misrepresented what I did post !

2. The Archangel

The Archangel Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't believe God has "back-up plans." But, it is possible for God to "ordain" (as in stand aside and let happen) Adam's sin rather than cause Adam's sin.

You are starting with a philosophical assumption and doing great violence to the text of scripture to try and prove your point. Scripture will never be your toady.

You have no earthly idea what you are talking about.

Adam was in a state of purity and he was able to be in the very presence of God--until the Fall. Since Christ comes to restore our relationship with God by living the perfect life we can't live, dying the death for our sins that we deserve to die, and being raised to newness of life, it is obvious something was lost at the Fall. You're ignoring simple biblical theology.

The text of scripture will never serve your purposes or your wrong (and perhaps blasphemous) assertions.

I'm beginning to think you are a universalist.

In Adam (which all humanity is) we are dead sinners "living unto ourselves" since the Fall. In Christ (which is NOT all of humanity), however, we are alive, pardoned rebels living to and for God.

What you're arguing for and how you're arguing will, at some point, necessitate saying that all humanity is in union with Christ because Adam was made in union with Christ. So, if you are to be consistent with you own ____ology (because what you're describing here certainly isn't any type of theology) you will have to say that all humanity is in union with Christ because Adam was created in union with Christs and, as such, all are saved. Of course, this is absolutely untenable by any reading of the Bible.

The Archangel

3. The Archangel

The Archangel Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now I'm thinking your also into some type of gnosticism.

There is no such "indication."

You've never proven that with your comments.

I'm not misrepresenting you:
    You clearly stated (and, again, wrongly so) that Adam and the world in his loins were made in Christ which you have said is "in union with Christ."

So, you are, in fact, arguing that everyone has been chosen in Christ just as Adam was. Perhaps you can't see what you've been arguing...but it's there.

The Archangel

4. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

archangel

Where is the quote ? Show me where I argued saying:

#144 savedbymercy, Dec 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2014
  5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In your understanding, did God force/cause both satan and Adam to sin against Him, for the greater good that would come out from that?

6. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

When are you going to rehearse with me what I have posted ? My understanding is what I posted !

7. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

archangel

Yes you do, if you believe that Adam could have Lived through Christ as stated in 1 Jn 4:9

In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

Before Adam sinned he had no knowledge of Christ the Son of God in His Redemptive Charcter as the Seed of the Women Gen 3:15

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

If Adam would not have sinned, that Knowledge was witheld and he would not have understood his need of the Redeemer ! But God had already foreordained that Christ would be his redeemer before He created Adam 1 Pet 1:20

20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Now wise guy, where was Adam before the foundation of the World ? Tell us oh wise one ? Show us the context and what the greek says about that !

#147 savedbymercy, Dec 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2014
  8. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

savedbymercy - Why must everyone answer you point by point? Why can't you answer our questions? We're willing to discuss things with you, but you keep moving the goalposts and requesting we go line by line with you, but you won't even answer our simple one-line questions.

9. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You really need to look up the definition of "rehearse"....

10. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow. That was Christ-like.

11. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Adam wasn't created before the foundation of the world.

Christ was foreordained. Because Christ was foreordained, He was NOT a "back-up plan."

12. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Your posts are almost incoherent. learn something before you continue to embarass yourself here. The only response you should have made was....thank you AA for taking the time to correct me:thumbsup::wavey: Your denial of instruction is almost as bad as DHK.

13. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I can't understand why this thread has not been closed after the first 2 posts but has been allowed continue with sbm continually posting blasphemy!

14. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is claosed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.