1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sin in the millenium

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Pete Richert, Sep 5, 2003.

1. Pete Richert

Pete Richert New Member

I have never really studied the millenium and don't hold any strong convictions. But I hear quite different opionions on the nature of it. Some seem to believe that only people alive at the end of the tribulation will enter it. Some seem to believe that Jewish Christians will be resurected into it. Some seem to feel that all Christians will be ressurected into it.

Well here is my question. It seems that all views believe that there will be a rebellion at the end agaist Christ, with an uncountable army. So indeed, sin still exists in the millenium. But obviously any ressurected Christian or ressurected Jewish Christian can't sin nor will they face death again. But sinfil people will still exist and they must die as everyone else. So . . . . . . what happens, is there two types of people, those who live in resurected bodies who live for all 1000 years, and then those who live normal lives and die off after 175 (assuming medical science has gotten gooooood!). And what happens to people who accept the Lord during the millenium, do they get ressurected bodies right then, or must they die first and then be ressurected for the remainder of the 1000 years (go to your own funeral type stuff) or do they stay dead until the end of time. And wouldn't it be easy to tell who was not a believer, namely anyone who got a cold or something.

Anyway, since we have some strong dispensational, historic premilleniel, and even progessives on this board, I was wondering what everybodies take was. Obviously if you believe only people alive at the end of the millenium inhabit the millenium then non of these things needs discussing because everyone is yet to have a ressurected body.

I think someone asked all this before but I either don't remember or more likely it got high jacked over whether there is a millenium at all. I want only people who believe in the millenium to answer. I am paticularily looking for answers from Pastor Larry, Gunther, IFB, and SHOCK and AWE himself, Dr. Bob.

Thanks

2. Pete Richert

Pete Richert New Member

Heeeeelllllloooooooo . . . . . . .

3. Gunther

Gunther New Member

Hey there.

4. BrianT

BrianT New Member

I'm generally amill, so I can't answer your question directly, but I think the reason you're getting so few replies is simply because *if* premill is true, scripture is completely silent on all the issues you are asking about. Any specific answers you get will be entirely speculation.

5. Pete Richert

Pete Richert New Member

Oh, hadn't really thought of that. Well, everybody throw in some speculations and we won't hold any body accountable.

6. BrianT

BrianT New Member

Generally, I think it assumed in premill thinking (regardless of being dispensational or historical) that the righteous mortals in the millennium undergo a resurrection (for the dead) and a change (for the living) at the same time as the "general resurrection" (Rev 20:12-15) after the millennium - basically the same process as the resurrection/rapture prior to the millennium.

7. Pete Richert

Pete Richert New Member

So then there are no believers from other ages ressurected (or return with Christ on his second coming) that will be in the millenium?

8. BrianT

BrianT New Member

There's some variance in premill thinking here, but generally premillers believe saints from the prior age(s) will be present, in "glorified" and mortal form (depending on dispensational or historical). In pretrib thinking, this means saints resurrected and raptured prior to the trib (and some pretribbers think there will also be a resurrection at the end of the trib of saints killed during the trib), plus mortal believers who survived until the start of the millennium. In historical (posttrib) thinking, all saints are glorified (resurrected/rapture) at Christ's return to establish the millennial kingdom. In both views, there is also variance as to where glorified saints will live during the millennium. Some think in Old Jerusalem with Christ on earth, some think in New Jerusalem with Christ above the earth, some think we'll be free to travel back and forth, etc.

Funny how no actual premillers are jumping into this conversation so far... [​IMG]

9. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Pretty easy to answer actually. There are some people who are saved during the Tribulation and survive through the battle at the end of it. These people are in their natural bodies and procreate in natural ways. Their children, like every other child born of natural procreation are totally depraved sinners. They will sin. There is, at the same time, saints in glorified bodies who will not sin, since we will be raised up to rule with Christ in the Millennium.

10. Pete Richert

Pete Richert New Member

So Larry I just want to confirm here. So those who were ressurected into the millenium will live all 1000 years and not sin at all and those who are born into it will die in a normal human lifespan, whatever that is at that time?

Thanks,

11. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

I am not sure what a "normal human life span" will be in that time. I think it will be considerably longer than it is now because of the restored nature of creation. The resurrected will live forever because there is only one death and they already died it.

12. micahaaron

micahaaron New Member

Hello Peter,
    Me and my wife were thinking about the millenium tonight as we shop at wal-mart. I was wondering, I believe there will be a millenium after Jesus's return, what will we be doing for 1000 years, what kind of work will we be doing, will we still be married to our spouses, be with our children, etc. Since Satan is bound for 1000 years, how is he going to recruit his army to strike back at the end of 1000 years? Will people be stupid enough to join in? What happens to unbelievers who live through the 7 year tribulation, since they will get eternal bodies as well, will they still be on the earth during the 1000 years?
    If this planet gets wasted during the tribulation would we do damage control and clean up the planet's mess?

I do know we will spend time in worshipping the Lord in singing, this will be the ultimate worship service. Seeing the Lord face to face and worshipping Him without the flesh and sin and distractions to get into our way.

MA

13. Gunther

Gunther New Member

Okay... (sitting back and popping my knuckles).

Pete, one reason why some people disagree on this issue is trying to discern which passage is addressing the millenium and which is addressing the kingdom. Amills have it easy. They just plug their ears and shout - nah nah nah nah, I can't hear you - when addressing kingdom passages.

Anyway, the church will have already been resurrected. The remaining believers of the O.T. and the tribulation will be resurrected when Christ returns. The only ones to enter the millenium will be those believers who survived the tribulation. Note: many of those believers will be Jewish simply because the ethnic Jews don't repent until the end of the tribulation.

Anyway, it is my belief (based on the prophets) that only unbelievers will actually die during this time. I can't think of the passage, but it addresses some who die at over a hundred years and that is young - something like that.

Anyway, those who entered the millenium will still sin. They will procreate and those offspring will have the adamic nature.

Anyway, sin will not flourish like it does today. Christ will be ruling with his rod of iron (not the wiffle bat - you know the red one with a fat end? - that the amills and postmills and preterists believe in). The hearts of men still need to repent and embrace the savior.

Anyway, I think I might have said anyway way too much this post.

Anyway, I did enjoy watching Florida State pound Maryland.

Anyway, they are going to rename Lincoln Financial to Raymond James North come Monday.

Anyway, have you seen the Braves this year? They are great.

Anyway, I am typing late at night.

Anyway, I am wearing a watch.

Anyway, my car is silver.

Anyway, zzzzzzzzzzz.

14. Pete Richert

Pete Richert New Member

I just spoke to my father in law on the phone who is a strong classic dispensational pastor of some 30 years. He believes ALL believers in the church age, as well as OT saints, will either be ressurected or return with Christ (in resureccted bodies) to reign with Christ. And then anyone who enters the millenium will enter with a sinfil nature and there will be two types of people, those with ressurected bodies who are able to go back and forth from earth to heaven (I'm not sure about that last part, because he didn't say it to me but I overheard him say it to my wife who was on his end of the phone call) and then those who continue to sin and die, yet as Gunther said, anyone who dies at 100 will be called cursed for dying so young. He doesn't think it strange since we have two types of beings on earth now, namely humans and angels, but it still seems pretty weird to me. If I have a choice between earth and heaven, that would be tough. Jesus on earth, lots of points, but no sin in heaven, from no one.

Gary Long, some notable scholar (to an older geneartion then me) attends my church here in Austin and will be president and professor of the upcoming Bible College / Seminary my church is starting. He has written a book called "Context" which compares the four views and defends Amilleniulism. I hope to get a copy to see why my Church holds the position it does.

15. rufus

rufus New Member

During the millenium, Satan will be bound. His role as tempter will be gone. But people who enter the mill and those who are born during it, will still have natures affected by sin, though, because of the reign of Christ, they will be more constrained to express sin than now. At the end of the mill, when Satan is loosed, it will be shown that even a righteous environment lasting a 1000 years did not exterminate sin.

Don't you wish the Bible had more info on this "good stuff?"

Rufus [​IMG]

16. PastorGreg

PastorGreg Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Isaiah 65:20 "...The child shall die an hundred years old, but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed."

17. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

1 Cor. 15:51-54 telling us, ALL Christians shall be change into immortal body at the second advent. There shall be NO mortal person to enter eternality kingdom on new earth after the the second advent. Because all goats shall be cast away into everlasting fire - Matt 13:39-42; and Matt 25:31-33 & 46.

So, there shall be NO sin on new earth after the second advent. Because Christ shall destroy the wicked things at the second advent, and will send all sinners go to everlasting fire.

That's simple!

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 - Amen!

18. Tim

Tim New Member

I realize I'm not welcome here (being an apostate amiller), but I see a problem with the belief that Christ will rule with a rod of iron (according to Psalm 2) meaning that no one will be able to resist His rule, and then having the millenium end in massive rebellion against His rule. You have to resist for a while before you can start up a war, don't you?--Or is it an instantaneous rebellion?

Anyway, you premiller's go back to fighting among yourselves and dismiss our amil arguments as "nonliteral"--I'm pretty used to that by now.

Tim