1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sin of pride

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by freeatlast, Jan 13, 2011.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

[SIZE=+0]Not a problem. I was going to point that mistake out but then i thought it would be prideful :laugh:[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+0]And yes i know we interchange the word, but I think we often go way too far with it to cover up our pride and a good self examination is due.[/SIZE]

2. mets65

mets65 New Member

I think the word pride just has a different meaning in english in some cases. I think we all know that kind of pride the Bible is talking about.

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Based on what I see from many Christians I am not so sure. If they do then the only other possible conclusion is they don't care and I don't want to entertain that idea.

4. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

You make a good point. Our language is constantly changing.

I mentioned in another post that sometimes in today's language, if i say he's bad, I really mean he's good.

If someone is cool, it doesn't mean slightly cold. It's a compliment.

A wise man is good. A wise guy is bad.

We drive on a parkway, but park in a driveway.