1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sin Unto Death

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Lacy Evans, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

A lie is an untruthful statement made to someone else with the intention to deceive. To lie is to say something one believes to be false with the intention that it be taken for the truth by someone else.

2. His Blood Spoke My Name

Another example that not all sin is willfull.

God's law says 'Thou shalt not kill'. Yet, God's Word clearly says for those who kill another person unintentionally there were set up cities of refuge where one could run and hide from the avenger of blood.

So, one can break that commandment without intention. People are killed accidentally every day in this world. Whether by stray bullets, by a driver who did not see a pedestrian in time, or some other means. They did not mean to break the commandment 'Thou shalt not kill', but they broke it nonetheless.

Transgression of the law is sin, so they sinned even though they did not mean to.

3. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

We should start a new thread on willful sin. It is off topic. I would gladly participate. I know everything about that topic too!:saint:

Lacy

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I agree with Lacy; start a new thread on this topic.
    The cities of refuge:
    Obiviously if a man was "Innocent" of "sin" then he didn't sin.

5. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

So? Anybody have any opinion on whether "sin unto death" has to be spiritual death and not physical? Or vice versa?

Lacy

6. Rex77

Rex77 Member

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Lacy EvansSo? Anybody have any opinion on whether "sin unto death" has to be spiritual death and not physical? Or vice versa?

Lacy
    -------------------------------------------------------------

It has to be physical, or the brother could lose his salvation.!!!

1Jo 5:16 If any man see his brother sin a sin [which is] not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

"And he shall give him life" seens to indicate physical life. since if he is a brother he already has eternal life.

That is if John is writing to christians. which he was.

7. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

very good point.

8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Well, if its physical it destroys the thought that all sins are equal, doesn't it?

9. Rex77

Rex77 Member

Brother BobWell, if its physical it destroys the thought that all sins are equal, doesn't it?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

The verse has already established that, one results in death the others don't. (that is premature death)

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

All sin is the same in that it is a transgression of God's law.
    All people are equal in that we are all sinners.
    The consequence of sin is different. All sin has consequence, whether in this life or the next or both.
    All people are different though they are equal.

11. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

In the past you have said all sin is the same and there is no difference between adultery or getting angry.

If you mean they are all the same being they are all a transgression against God then I can agree with you for once.

12. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Here are some more sins unto death. Only it's not physical, but eternal death.

1 Samuel 3
    14 And therefore I have sworn to the house of Eli that the iniquity of Eli’s house shall not be atoned for by sacrifice or offering forever.”

Is. 22
    14 Then it was revealed in my hearing by the LORD of hosts,
    “ Surely for this iniquity there will be no atonement for you,
    Even to your death,” says the Lord GOD of hosts.

Acts 7:51
    51 “You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, so do you.