1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sin Unto Death

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by saturneptune, Jan 20, 2008.

1. skypair

skypair Active Member

BBobb,

You are being unresponsive here. Just tell me how you disagree with each verse because those passages are not easily connected with 1John 3:6-10. I want to consider your points but now it is almost as if you are changing the subject.

Instance: Yes, "break fellowship" with sinning brethren -- until what? Or are you agreeing with Heb 6 now -- "curse" and "burn" them it being "impossible" to bring them to "repentance again?"

I'm totally thinking you have not the compassion of Christ.

skypair

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

You are now saying that I am not saved and I been an ordained preacher and Pastor for 35 years and probably have a lot more experience with dealing with the church than you do. Sorry you stoop so low as to say I am not saved. I have compassion on you.

I would much rather have someone like me to tell someone they need to go and repent and then come back to the church,, than to have someone like you who is showing all this compassion, while all the time sending them to Hell. At least, if they listen to me they can repent and get right, but if they listen to you and you say they only slipped a little, even though they may be in adultery, then you fulfill the scripture the blind leading the blind and both fall in the ditch.
    The truth cuts to and fro, but in the end brings salvation. Lies don't cut, don't offend, don't bring nothing but a one way ticket to hell.

1Pet 4:

13: But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
    14: If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.
    15: But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.
    16: Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.
    17: For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
    18: And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?
    19: Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

BBob,

#42 Brother Bob, Jan 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2008
  3. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

I understand what 1 John 5:16 means. Follow the next two verses as contextually. 1 John 5:18 says, "We know that whoseover is born of God 'sinneth not', but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not."

The three epistles of John were written to believers, not lost people. He told them, those who are truly born of God do not practically sin life. Throughout in three epistles of John mentioned lot about our walk life and having relationship with Christ.

In 1 John 3:6 says, "Whosoever abideth in him sinneth noth: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him."

This verse tells us, anyone who is abiding in Christ, do not practical sinning life. If anyone do practical wicked life, have no relationship in Christ.

Many who hold OSAS, argued, many people who attend baptist church, claim, they are saved, but they still sinning daily, so, they(OSAS people) say that, they are "not saved in the first place."

This is a poor arguement.

In 1 John 2:19, John said: "They went out FROM us, but they were not of us, for IF they had been of us, they would no doubt have CONTINUED with us, but they WENT OUT, that they might be made manifest that they were not ALL of us."

This verse tells us, they were with John's group at the beginning, they went out FROM his group. They could have been with them, if they have continued in Christ. But, they astrsy away from the Lord, so, they are no longer 'born of God' afterward.

1 John 3:9 - "Whosoever is born of God DOTH NOT COMMIT SIN; for his seed remaineth in him and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."

'Commit' means being to entrust, for example, a person who is do attempt anything wrong things, be being be serious with sins, want to stay in sins. This verse tells us, a person who is a truly 'born of God' do not do practical sin life, his seed is remaining in Christ while his seed is growing like as carry fruit of spiritual life, so therefore, person cannot continue sin in life, because person is belongs to God.

It doesn't mean that our life must be perfect and sinless. This verse point to us, that we must stop practical sin life. Do not continue walk in sins, because we are in Christ, while we are bring our fruit for Christ.

OR, if we are serious stay in practical sins throughout our life since we were born again, then, our fruit is no longer to carry, our fruit would be cut off - John 15:6 & Romans 11:22-23.

In James 1:15-16 warn: "Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin; and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. DO NOT ERR, my beloeved brethren."

James warns us, we do not continue in sins in our life, if we continue in sinning, it shall bring forth to death.

'Death' is not speak of physical death, it speaks of spiritual death. Where 'death' will lead person to? Lake of fire, this is called, "second DEATH".

Ezekiel 33:18 warns: "When the 'righteous' turneth FROM his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, he shall eve DIE thereby."

This means that, if a just person(saved) turn away from righteousness life, and remaining in sins in the midst of lifetime, it shall bring forth to death. 'Die' is not speak of physical death, it speaks of spiritual death which represents, "second death" - lake of fire.

There are much overwhelmed passages in the Bible mentioned on conditionals with warnings. No way that, we can afford to neglect God's Word.

James 5:20 - "Let him(brother) know, that he which converteth from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins."

This tells us, our responsible to warn them of sins, telling them to repent from sins, to save their soul from death, which is "second death".

Verse 20 is not only speak on sinners, even, James 5:19 says, "BRETHREN, if any of YOU do err from teh truth, and one convert him,"

This verse 19 tells us, if you see a Christian, who fall away in sins, we must encourage or to warn a Christian, that, he/she must repent from the error ways, to be right with the Lord. Or, if we allow Christians fall away, not warn them, then, we allow them leading to their death, which is 'second death'.

Bible commands us to warn Christians do not commit sins, to save their soul from death. If we don't warn them, then they would be remain in multitude of sins, and bring them to death - second death.

There is much overwhelmed passages in Bible mentioned conditional with warnings, we cannot afford neglect God's Word. We must take God's Word and obey them.

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

4. KJVkid

KJVkid New Member

Man what a bunch of gobbledygook that didn't say anything! Born once, die twice, Born twice die once!
    What do you do with, 1Jn 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

5. skypair

skypair Active Member

Sorry. I didn't say any such thing but perhaps that is on your mind.

And once again, it appears you are choosing to break off any examination of scripture and your application of it. That's OK. I'm just here to help.

skypair

6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I think we mostly just talked past each other Sky. I agree most of your post until you get into eschatology, then we disagree.
    Peace,

BBob,

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Speaking of gobbledygook, I see you are past 100 posts.

8. skypair

skypair Active Member

While I have you on this subject, what is your understanding of John 15:1-6 -- "I am the vine...?" Seems this follows the theme of our other discussion.

skypair

9. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I see it as all men at one time in their life were without the Law, and were in the vine, the Commandments came and they died. Those that were born again are in the vine, but those who continue in sin are not. I see it as the world and the church. I do not see it as christians falling and going back in sin.

18: If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
    19: If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

BBob,