1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Since David Cloud's name is being brought in, what are his qualifications/education?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by annsni, Aug 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is asking for credentials on a subject "bashing"?

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Once again, you claim to know my heart. How is that?? Are you God??

I asked here because there are those who support him and I thought maybe someone here knew what I could not find. I see that is not the case. His education/experience/qualifications are a great mystery for a man who's got much of his work on the internet. I find that fascinating.

3. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

I believe if David Cloud is a preferred KJV then even his individual studies would merit attention. If David Cloud is KJVO then he is just part of a myth.

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Guess so! I was just really curious and couldn't find any info online but sometimes I don't search with the right keywords or it's on page 20 of the search and I lose interest by that time. :) Figured SOMEONE here would know more.

5. brucebaptist

brucebaptist New Member

yes, i know your heart and the heart of every other man including my own... its desperately wicked and deceitful - Jer 17:9

from the KJ site (post)
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=1576485&postcount=30

Quote:
    when any of you can say that you can prove David Cloud wrong when he has put thousands of hours of work into the researching of bible versions....

"Oh David Cloud is quite wrong. His hours of work have been matched by others who have come to a quite different conclusion. There's a ton of error in his research so ...."

you started the smear campaign in that thread but since it got shutdown, you just thought you would start another Cloud bashing session...

you really embarrass yourself here on this one... you have the knowledge of Cloud to say that "he is quite wrong" and "there is a ton of error in his research"... yet you know nothing of the man....

so how many of Cloud's teachings have you listened to anyway? i mean, if someone can say that Cloud has "tons of error" in his teachings, obviously you have spent a lot of time listening to Cloud... and can make such a claim...so how many teachings of Clouds have you studied or listened to?

6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I have looked at a good amount of his stuff and some is good and some is not. Of course the KJV stuff is a bunch of bunk and is easily disproved. Because of that, I chose to look up his credentials of which there appear to be none so I thought I'd ask here.

If you think I have another motive, so be it. I don't care. But I do see that I still see no qualifications listed at all. You can argue all you want but the evidence (or lack thereof) is quite telling.

7. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

ummm.....no she isn't

8. brucebaptist

brucebaptist New Member

[attack on a good translation of the Word of God snipped - poster warned that such language is NOT allowed and you will be penalized 10 yards next slam]

#28 brucebaptist, Aug 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2010
  9. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I dispise the NIV, but you are overreaching in your accusations with Ann here.

10. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Son,

You need to grow up. Ann asked a simple question and you started questioning her motives instead of trying to find an answer.

You also need to read the rules for posting in this section. Calling other versions that you disagree with is not permitted.

11. brucebaptist

brucebaptist New Member

i know a 'bashing' when i see it, 'reverend'... it started in the other thread and was being carried over to a new one... i am not blind.

12. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Look at textual criticism -- anyone wants to be a textual critic -- Must he have his qualification/credentials? If so, will he tell lies what you defend?

13. Askjo

Askjo New Member

I agree with Brucebaptist.

14. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

OK - So he has no education or qualifications beyond that?

Yep I have.

Not yet. It starts on September 12th. :)

Neither did Jesus. ;)

Is that a requirement to be discerning?? Do I need a medical degree to say that a doctor is a quack??

Yes, I do have hatred for those who bash the Word of God. I do not hate Mr. Cloud but I do hate that part of his "message" and false teaching.

You DO know that statement is against the rules, right? I'll just report that little stab against God.

Once again - this has been reported.

I see there's still no qualifications listed - just attacks. Interesting and quite telling.

15. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

If he wants to be credible he should have some studies in and be able to read Greek and Hebrew, at the very least. Having a website where one may "cut and paste" the erroneous conclusions of other self-styled experts does not make one an expert. Nor does staying in a Holiday Inn Express.

16. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Forget it.

17. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I beg to differ. You are blinded by prejudice.

18. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

He must at least know what he's saying. He must know Greek and Hebrew, Bible history and such. I'm looking to find out if Mr. Cloud has any of these. Do you have anything to answer the original question??

I find it fascinating that there's a ton of arguing but no simple "Sure. David Cloud studied under his pastor Pastor Joe and he also took some classes on Hebrew and Greek at Whatever Seminary (or University). While he doesn't have all of the qualifications of others, he's spent time doing additional work under the guidance of Pete Doe and David Doe." THAT would be an answer.

19. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Miss my point -- IF he tells lies what you defend, he would say this is correct and there is wrong. I read a detail about a student and a professor. When a student waved his hand in class, his professor came to him. His pupil asked him about a book. This professor looked at it and gave it back to him. Don't surprise me because he had no interest in that book. You know why he had no interest in it. This professor taught DIFFERENTLY than what a student researched and found more truth there. This professor trained his students. After they graduated from college, they taught others as their professor trained them. Still lies that they tell?

20. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So who were his professors?? Did he have any? What school??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.