1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Since David Cloud's name is being brought in, what are his qualifications/education?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by annsni, Aug 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Your point has nothing to do with the OP.

2. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Check with Post #3.

3. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I did. Your posts are not germane to the discussion at hand.

They are simple questions Annsi asked- any honest person who presents themselves as an authority on any subject (or who quotes said authority as a reference) should be willing to answer them without prevarication.

1. What is his education?

2. What sort of qualifications does he have to be an authority on this subject?

Attacking Annsi's character or motivations does not answer the question.

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

The most infantile and venomous reactions I've ever seen come when someone asks a question about David Cloud.

Not sure why that is...but some folks simply come unglued when he is questioned at any turn.

And Brucebaptist...the points you made that discount the need for training...and the point that you made in likening questioning David Cloud to blasphemy...man, that's scary. You need to re-consider some beliefs of yours.

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agree. The only thing I have ever heard from him with which I agreed was his ripping condemnation of foolish "only" defenders like Riplinger. On that statement I'd give 'em an Amen.

And Brucebaptist's plea to wallow in ignorance is truly sad. Maybe that is why so many are deceived and worshiping the creature (the AV, Anglican-made) rather than the Creator and His revealed WORDS in Greek and Hebrew.

6. brucebaptist

brucebaptist New Member

please show me, Biblically, where a man has to read/know the greek and hebrew to be a Christian... unbelievable.

so you are saying that the Bible is not the Word of God because it is not in greek??

i guess God lied when He promised to preserve His Word...
    Psalm 12:6,7
    Mark 13:31

well He must be a liar, since the originals are gone and all we have left is this worthless Bible...

'anglican made' ???

good grief, the longer i am here the, the more i am losing faith that the 'baptists' are the closest to the original church founded by Christ...

Jesus was right, would He find real faith when He returns...? apparently not even from the baptists.

#46 brucebaptist, Aug 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2010
  7. brucebaptist

brucebaptist New Member

sorry, bro. my beliefs are fine... we are commanded to die for a brethren...

John 15:13
    13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends...

the least i could do for bro Cloud is to try to keep a dagger out of his back, from another brethren...

if you cant accept that, that is your problem, not mine.

#47 brucebaptist, Aug 1, 2010
  8. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Exactly! The Bible faith deteriorates itself because it is on the way to become the "unfeigned" faith.

9. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Ah, when all else fails, play the fake martyr card.:rolleyes:

10. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

He wasn't talking about faith in David Cloud, nor in a certain Bible version.

11. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Care to show me where ANYONE has claimed that? No one has and you either know that and are twisting his words or you are blinded by your tradition and can't even read straight.

This is just silly. The Bible WAS written in Greek. And Hebrew.
    We now have translations of that original work in many, many languages.

Equating the adherence to the KJV as the only Bible with Faith in Christ is heretical.
    That is the main problem. The second problem, I think is that it is against the BB rules.

And lastly, I would like to give you a chill pill.

Annsi posted an honest question and you came out guns a blazin'

By the way, if I said that the Holy Spirit told me that the NIV was THE only Bible, how would you refute that?

12. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No one said you need to know this to be a Christian but if one claims to be an exert, shouldn't he know the language you are working with?

13. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

You would think he would exert himself to become an expert.:smilewinkgrin:

14. rbell

rbell Active Member

Let's try this again, and I'll type slowly, for your sake:

How is questioning someone's history of training/schooling tantamount to a "dagger in the back?"

And how on earth are you going to justify the equation with questioning Bro. Cloud with blasphemy? I'm still hearing logic screaming from the torture it's receiving at your hands.

15. brucebaptist

brucebaptist New Member

you are the one calling Cloud an expert and you are asking others to prove it. please show me where Cloud has been in on this debauchery and called himself an expert and now needs to defend himself as being an expert....

and you have yet to answer my question as to where in the Bible a man of God has to be ordained, or learned, or coellge educated.... you cant. in fact the opposite is true....

1 Corinthians 1:20
    Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

1 Corinthians 1:27
    But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

1 Corinthians 3:19
    For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

this is so true in this world. the Christians that i meet that are totally devoted to Christ are the small people of the world. they are not college professors, not lawyers, not the rich...

Jesus' biggest enemies were the educated religious... and nothing has changed today. His biggest enemies are still the ones that seek the best seats in the markets. whose motives are to become the rick warrens of the world. join the CFR. join the SBC. being big shots in the world... all of that junk is 'of the world' and not of Christ...

#55 brucebaptist, Aug 1, 2010
  16. brucebaptist

brucebaptist New Member

the dagger was placed in Cloud's back in the other thread.... but since that thread was closed she just thought she would put the dagger back in his back... by starting a new thread.

http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=1576485&postcount=30

Quote:
    when any of you can say that you can prove David Cloud wrong when he has put thousands of hours of work into the researching of bible versions....

Oh David Cloud is quite wrong. His hours of work have been matched by others who have come to a quite different conclusion. There's a ton of error in his research so ....

did i go slow enough for you?

17. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

#1- YOU put up Cloud's website as being a good resource, as I recall.

#2- The man who you quoted- the Apostle Paul, WAS a highly educated man. He was NOT speaking against education, nor was he making the point that ignorance should be a 'badge of honor' for a Christian. Nor are we glorifying "worldly wisdom" here.

#3- There's no shame in answering Annsi's question with, "I'm sorry I don't know the answer." That would be a much better way of showing Christian maturity than attacking her because you have no answer.

#57 Mexdeaf, Aug 1, 2010
  18. brucebaptist

brucebaptist New Member

she didnt have 'a question' about Cloud. just because you cant see her motives of the post doesnt mean i cant... its called discernment.

her motive was to slam Cloud because he is KJVO just like she did in the other thread. not because KJVO is wrong, which she cant prove nor can any of you... but because she doesnt agree with it. well, yall can stand by and side with her and thats fine... i took up for my brethren against an attacker and i'll do it again if necessary...

#58 brucebaptist, Aug 1, 2010
  19. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

She asked a question. Instead of saying, "I don't know the answer", you jumped out of the stagecoach with guns ablazing and shot yourself in the foot several times. Yeah, it hurts- been there, done that. Grow up and learn, son.

20. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Well, it's obvious to anyone I asked a question. You have decided my motive was to slam Cloud. It's kind of hard to slam someone if someone came back and said "These are his credentials", isn't it? But instead the question cannot be answered and that says a lot. I see a lot of anger instead of truth. What does that say?

KJVO is quite easy to prove wrong but those who are in the camp are like children holding their fingers in their ears saying "LA-LA-LA-LA". It's quite sad that there are followers of Christ who can be so easily deceived and no longer have the ability to discern truth in this matter. The best I can do is to pray for those in the KJVO camp that God will speak to their hearts through their stubbornness and will bring them truth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.