1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Since the Bible doesnt directly mention the Trinity, will Jehova Witneses or

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Aug 28, 2007.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Let's see if that assumption holds true to the text of scripture.

The suggestion you are making is that these texts should have been written "you are a teacher of Israel - I wonder if you can guess whether this is true or not given the clues that you have so far".

It is left as an exercise for the reader to see which way the text directs us.

in Christ,

Bob

#41 BobRyan, Sep 7, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2007
  2. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Maybe you will have time in the future. God Bless!

You would? Even though God's Word says it is the Holy Spirit? That is odd. Don't you give a whole lot of credence to those who say the Word of God is infalliable?

Jhn 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Jhn 7:39(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Sorry, I just can't twist this into the Living Water being Jesus.

God Bless!

3. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well so far you haven't provided any concrete alternative.

God Bless! :thumbsup:

4. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You like to say this but many times refuse to "exercise" yourself.

Here are two verses for you to exercise........

Jhn 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Jhn 7:39(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Tell me why you believe one can be born-again pre-glorification without receiving the Living Water/Holy Spirit that scripture declares was given only after Jesus' glorification.

5. gekko

gekko New Member

i was born on september the third 1987.
    ----

in that above statement.
    since i did not specifically say that i am twenty years old - does that mean that i am not twenty years old?

----

all over scripture (O.T. and N.T.) there are references and examples galore of the Trinity.
    does that mean that because the word trinity is not in scripture that there is no trinity at all?

(1 john 5:7 kjv)

like... how does that NOT refer to the trinity?

A-Duh!

God bless!

6. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:
    Jesus said He is the Water of Life.

And much more to the same effect.

But you, refering to: "
    Jhn 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water", mistake the witness of the saved, and the joy and faith and hope and whatever 'flows' from the believer because of the Living Fountain of Water Himself in his heart through the working of the Holy Spirit, mistake it for, the Holy Spirit. Which is wrong.

7. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Then God's word is wong when God says "But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive"?

This really has no room for a debate don't you think? The word is crystal clear.

8. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

"This" demonstrates the whole of the context before - from 28 at least. And the content of the whole of it was Jesus. Jesus would not be received but through the working of the Holy Spirirt upon the hearts of men to receive HIM, as the Living Water within their hearts. It is not to say salvation before, happened without the work of the Holy Spirit. It only implied Jesus yet had to suffer death and be raised in order that the Holy Spirit may go on with His work ON STRENGTH OF JESUS' VICTORY.

9. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ok, but I believe verse 39 is a direct point given to verse 38. I don't see any need or reason to asign it to anything beyond that. I am going to stick with this. Thanks for your imput though!

10. Link

Link New Member

I am not sure that a proper understanding of the nature of Christ in all areas is necessary for salvation. Peter did not mention the deity of Christ to a Jewish, monotheistic audience in the acount we have in Acts 2 or other passages in Acts. Philip did not mention it in the account of his preaching to the Ethiopian. I would tend toward saying that it is not necessary for salvation.

But in the case of JW's, if I am not mistaken, they do not believe Christ's body rose from the dead. They believe Christ came back as some sort of spirit and that his body was kept as a memorial before God, basically a gnostic belief, if I am not mistaken. I was surprised to find this out.