1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Sincerity

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by preacher4truth, Jan 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

First I'm a heretic, now a liar, also against BB rules. This is nothing but ad hominem.

You made a reply asking if I in essence disbelieved sincerity, then you quoted Scripture and then CONCLUDED that all who believe what you concluded to be my beliefs are anathema and an heretic.

Here's your quote:

2. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

That is not being personal, brother. Saying that you vehemently opposed the texts and definitions I quoted, is just restating the facts of the matter.

vehemently - "Characterized by forcefulness of expression or intensity of emotion or conviction"

I never called you a name, said anything negative about you as a person. I quoted facts and scripture then restated the facts of your response to those posts, period. I continue to do so here.

No, I meant to say that I agree with those verses and definitions, don't you? Why would anyone disagree with something God said?

This is a unfounded accusation. If you can provide a quote from me that contradicts what I've said, then you'd actually have an argument.

3. stevewm1963

stevewm1963 Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Lord looks into my heart and he can see the love i have for him and I am saved...he looks into the unbelievers heart and can see the wickedness of his heart and he is not saved! Yes when I confessed I believed with all my heart that Jesus died on the cross for my sins...that's called sincerity!

Romans 10:9
    That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

What part of that scripture do you not understand?

4. preacher4truth

We only believe by the power of God. Salvation is all of God, each and every part.

5. stevewm1963

stevewm1963 Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    According to you then the bible is a lie!

I suggest reading comprehension 101!

6. preacher4truth

Sure it was personal.

You didn't need to call me a name, you got your negative point across just fine. Skan, your post made pretense about me as a person as if I stalk you around, shedding a negative light on me. Let's not go that route.

You should be embarrassed for accusing me of something that never happened.

I didn't disagree with Scripture.

So here is what you are saying: You quoted a verse, then defined boasting as 'personal achievement' tying it to the word 'boasts' in the passage and clarifying that definition to shed light on its meaning in the passage you quoted. I disagreed with your clear stance that boasting means 'personal achievement'. And now were in the game of saying I disbelieve Scripture which is actually personal as well, and totally unfounded.

Post #8 for starters and it proves it perfectly. I'm not going to scour your posts for more evidence, what you state is well known by many.

7. preacher4truth

So when I state salvation is 100% God and none of man, I've declared the Bible to be a lie? Hmmmm.

Look man, welcome to BB, but leave off your personal attacks.

8. preacher4truth

God get's all the glory. :applause:

9. Inspector Javert

Inspector Javert Active Member

He doesn't falsely accuse the brethren either................as you are doing.

First me, then Skan.

10. stevewm1963

stevewm1963 Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So anyone that disagrees with you is personally attacking you? If you cannot win an argument it's a personal attack?

11. Winman

Winman Active Member

Yeah, but don't you feel good you are one of those lucky snakes? All you Calvinists are the lucky snakes, each and every one of you. It just has to feel good.

Have you ever noticed that non Cals call themselves the "saved"? They are always talking about how God "saved" them. Calvinists on the other hand are always talking about being "elect". They are the "elect" and they never let you forget it.

Just something to think about.

Sin has nothing to do with salvation in Calvinism. Noah did not go to heaven because he was "perfect" in his generations, he went to heaven because he was one of the lucky "elect". He must have been a Calvinist. :laugh:

Gen 6: 8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.
    9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

Was Noah just and perfect because he found grace in the eyes of the Lord, and so the Lord regenerated him, or did Noah find grace in the eyes of the Lord because he was just and perfect in his generations?

Learn the answer to that and you will know the truth.

12. Inspector Javert

OH....now Mr. Steve is loaded with "Personal Attack"????

How thin is your skin?......Good grief.

13. preacher4truth

That's too bad. It's clear you called me a heretic, then a liar. Both are against BB rules.

14. preacher4truth

So you disagree salvation is 100% of God?

By the way, I'm not trying to win an argument, I'm simply exposing the errors of anti-cal and arminian ideologies.

Leave off your insults, i.e. these: That I don't believe Scripture, that I believe the Bible is a lie, that I need to learn how to read, implying stupidity. Instead of that bring a case, not insults of character. OK?

15. Inspector Javert

Yes...

His goal is to inflame you to the point of breaking some "B.B. Rule" so that he can then report you for it.....

He doesn't want to win any arguments with you or prove his point...he wants to inflame you until you break a rule so that he can report it, and get you banned or at least turn general opinion against you....

That will be his M.O.

Just wait and see:
    Welcome to B.B......that's how some people work.

16. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

How so?

I never said that you stalk me, or anything of the kind. I restated the facts of what happened. I quote the Lord and the Dictionary, then you vehemently apposed what the Lord and the dictionary said. You did it over and over for a few pages, as I didn't even give my personal view until the 3rd page of this thread.

It's not my definition, its Websters....you know, the dictionary... I just quoted it. Nothing was from ME in those posts. Just quotes.

Post 8 is not my words, so how could I be contradicting myself if those aren't even my words? Are you trying to say that what I believe contradicts my quotes in post 8? If so, how?

17. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Brother, read closely what you are posting. You're posting that God really wants to save someone, but their free will ties His hands up. Do you believe it to be this way? Mankind can, and does, tie God's hands up?

18. stevewm1963

stevewm1963 Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let me put it another way since you say God controls our heart and we don't...if we cannot gain salvation through Jesus why did he go through all that he did? When God created man he could have MADE us love him...but no he wanted us to love him by our own free will! He does not control our hearts until we ask him to! We have control of our hearts! I don't think you'll ever get it so I'm out!

#78 stevewm1963, Jan 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2014
  19. preacher4truth

Actually post 8 is your words because you posted it, including Scripture references, and this was used to clarify your stance to the OP. You used a dictionary definition to define and clarify a word (boasts) in the passage (talking of salvation/knowing the Lord) to bolster and justify your position. But now you're acting as if the entire post was benign and arbitrary.

20. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

We have control of our hearts? Where'd you find that in the bible?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.