1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Single BIGGEST Biblical Reason Why You Do/Do not believe In TULIP!

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, Apr 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

That which I bolded I completely disagree with. We are born "spiritually alive" unto God, and when the commandment came to us, sin revived, and I died, per Romans 7. Now if Apostle Paul died after sin revived, then how could he have been born spiritually dead? You can't slay a "dead thing". But, I have addressed this more times than "Carter has liver pills"....LOL. If you want to discuss this further, please start anutter thread, and I'll join in when I can....I just don't want to derail this smooth running thread.

2. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Don't want to give an off the top of the head answer right now. I will answer later when I get back to notes and scripture passages.

3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well AIC,
    Lets see ;
    I believe this verse means everyman , AIC....WHY WOULD YOU THINK i DO NOT BELIEVE THIS?
    Oh wait.....I think I see the difference...maybe I believe the other verses near this verse,that help give the explanation of the verse, you know like these verses;
    The darkness comprehended it not...[sounds like human inability, some call it total depravity]
    That is a far cry from everyman having the opportunity; read here;
    awp
    then you say-
    God has ordained that millions perish...that is biblical teaching.
    Luck has nothing to do with it, the biblical idea would be providence..the outworking of God's eternal plan in time.
    Your implicit denial of this fact is a denial of the biblical reality. The world is condemned already....that is why God has ordained missionary activity.
    A false theology, leads to a false and unbiblical fantasy world...it seems to me at this point ,that you desire that fantasy world of your imagination, rather than the stark reality of a rebellious ,ungodly world who needs the gospel desperately if they will be saved....the light of nature,psa19, the light of conscience,rom2....are not enough to save.
    I did not write it, or choose to believe it. I believe it because it is the biblical teaching. I am okay with God's righteous judgement as are all the saints in Rev.19;
    I guess these saints were okay with it also!

then we have your "loving" inquiry...
    I believe the whole council of God...all of it..I do not have to apologise for Gods wrath against sin, or God's plan to save His elect...each one of them, the sheep given by the Father to the Son.

You think you are taking the high ground here, but it is no different than a RC who prays to the saints and says....oh it will all work out mystically, the blessed mother will see to it.
    AIC, how did a head-hunter/cannibal who lived 8 or 900 yrs ago.....get this special light or special revelation?? do you know of any such person,who when missionaries get there say....we are already saved?

or like the book of mormon..jesus appeared to the laminites,and nephites, and the american Indians...to be fair,and give them an equal chance?

Paul was mistaken when he wrote this;
    So, I guess you could say that I do not believe as you do, in that you have no basis to say the light equals a special supernatural revelation...you are inserting that , going beyond what is written.when you say this;

4. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Because you argued against it. Thats usually a pretty good sign. :)

Yes. Total depravity. But...there is hope. Its called the gosple.

All who reject the light that is given them will persish. Thats true.

Of course. And God gives every human being an opportunity to recieve eternal life. Those who reject it will will end up with just what they chose. God has ordained that it be that way. If you want to shake your fist and tell God how wrong He is, thats up to you.

Yes, but God says that it is not His will that any should perish, but that all should come to the light. They all wont of course, but its Gods desire that they do

Absolutly. But, because of travel limitations millions have died without ever hearing the gosple.

Your response is...Too bad! Tough luck! Guess it was Gods will that they perish!

My Response is scripture...

I know.

I wish you would stop doing that. Come back to reality. Come back to the scriptures.

A fantasy world? Thats strange...I keep quoting scriptures. :godisgood:

Not when people have the gosple, thats correct. But many...millions...have lived and died without hearing the gosple in the usual way.

Your response is "Too bad for them", Darn the luck".

Gods respnse is...

And...

You apparently believe that "every man" actually means "some men". I believe. "every man" means just that.

Every man.

Nonsense.

When you get to heaven, ask them. They will be glad to tell you.

I have heard testimonies from missionaries who preached the gosple in places like africa or south america. They say that every once in a while a family will come out from the bush and communicate, with tears, that they left all of the native religions because they just *new* it was false. The sun is not God. The pole is not God. The moon is not God. They were persecuted for leaving these falsehoods. They knew that the true God MADE the sun, and the trees and the mood, etc etc. They had been worshipping Him, but they didnt know the specifics. They were overjoyed to finally learn of the "fullness" of the truth God had already revealed to them Himself.

I have nothing to do with the book of morman.

Except for Gods scriptures, of course.

Except for the scriptures I have quoted, of course.

God bless

AiC

5. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    AIC,
    thanks for responding,lets see what you offered;

You claim to use scripture, but actually misquote scripture, wresting and mis-using 2pet3:9 out of context, like most all arminians like to do.

So the god you are describing has his will not being done on earth, he wills something but cannot have it happen. he wants people to be saved ,but he himself cannot save them! I do not worship a God like that.

failing to deal honestly with the scriptures leads you to say this about me;

Of this list not only did I not say that but you twist my words to cover your wrong ideas, but this talebearing does not address the issue honestly. At least you tried to attempt a response

6. Winman

Winman Active Member

Then you MUST be a Universalist.

Matt 12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Jesus said whosoever does the will of his Father is his brother, sister, and mother. If everyone is doing the will of the Father as you say, then all men must be saved.

7. Alive in Christ

Winman

You adress nobody in your post. That makes it confusing.

Who are you addressing...me, Iconoclast, or someone else?

If me, you are mistaken. I've consistently said that some are lost. (they have chosen to reject Christ) and some are saved.(they have chosen to recieve Christ.)

AiC

8. Alive in Christ

Iconoclast...

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Those (((eeevil))) arminians! Lock the doors! Batton the hatches! Shelter the kids!

Actually, I cant recall ever refering to myself as an "arminian" before, (I could be mistaken about that, though) as I prefer the terms "christian", evangelical, or baptist (in that order) to describe myself.

At one time in the past I was leaning towards Calvinism...but I forsook it.

AiC

9. Alive in Christ

...and there is no *wrestling* with 2 Peter 3:9

Its clear as a bell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.