1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

single man renting an apartment from a widow

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by John Ellwood Taylor, May 5, 2006.

1. Mary Diana Lynn Harper

Single man renting from widow

I am a widow who has a border who is also a widow, my husband was alive when we bought the place from the man who lost his wife several years ago, now i have lost my husband not to long ago. It is nice to have a friend weather a pastor or another widow. Friendships are very welcome to the widowed irreguardless of the gender of the opposite person. He lives in my home, he lived there when my husband was alive. I was told to kick him out because my husband is gone. I feel people have grown heartless. I am not going to throw him out just because my husband is gone. I have a life and he has his life. Our life is not together but seperate and I am just amazed what kind of compassion people have. I am very upset at the way people look at me because I do not want to throw this man out. He was my husbands friend and he is my friend. Nothing more nothing less. People You need compassion to live in this world without a mate. Friendship and compassion is so needed in this sinful world we live in. :praying:

2. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Mary Diana,
    please do not take this as an assumption on my part, but the need for friendship and loneliness after the loss of a spouse seems to me would be exactly what could create a problem between a widow and a widower sharing the same house. I think those who cautioned you did so out of love for you and your testimony. I hope you don't take it as harshness on their part.

3. Mary Diana Lynn Harper

No I don't take it personally but here is the thing, God shows compassion for all who believe in Him. I believe in God and set my hopes on God, this man believes in himself, he used to go to church and believe in God fully but changed years ago, so there is nothing in common with this man. Maybe God is showing this man that compassion still exists. I don't know what God wants me to do but it is not to boot this man out of my house. Got knows my heart and My heart belongs to God now. There is need for a friend weather male or female, someone who can understand what it is that you are going through. My children bring me comfort in my everyday life. I have 34 grandchildren and 8 children and 3 great-grandchildren although I am but 55 years old so my life if filled with love and friendship from all walks in life. I have been able to give and recieve compassion from all walks of life, so it is my duty to show a little compassion to this life. There is so little compassion left in this world, I would like to think that I have done what the Lord God has asked of me no matter the circumstance. AMEN:praise: :praying:

4. bapmom

bapmom New Member

I can't argue with that, Mary Diana. :)

Wow, you do have a wonderful life! 34 grandkids! That must be quite a family reunion!

5. Mary Diana Lynn Harper

single man........

Yes the Lord has provided in my time of need with the comfort of all the children He has blessed me with. Remember to be compassionate towards your fellow human being, you never know when you are entertaining angels. AMEN:praise: :praise:

6. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This has to be wrong. Why, look how God rebuked Elijah for staying with that widow in 1 Kings 17. No, wait, God actually led Elijah there.... :eek: :smilewinkgrin:

So, how is God leading?

7. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

Tell them John:laugh: :laugh:

John 19:27 Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

Imagine that. :laugh: :laugh: