1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sinkhole nearly swallows Ministers car

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by moondg, Aug 15, 2007.

1. moondg

moondg Member
    Site Supporter

TYLER, Texas (AP) - Holy sinkhole! A minister says he prayed "Lord don't take me yet" when his car nosed into a sinkhole on Wednesday. The Reverend Ralph Massey, pulled into a parking lot to turn around when the ground gave way, with no warning.
    The car came to rest with most of its front section in the hole, and the back end and both rear wheels elevated.
    Massey, who wasn't injured, was able to scramble out of the hole, which ended up being about 12 feet wide and six feet deep. Authorities are trying to determine what caused the sinkhole.I bet that messed up his pants. :laugh:

2. Timsings

Timsings Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

When I was in college 35 years ago [it really hurt to say that!], a shaft in an unused mine collapsed and opened a sinkhole under first base on the school baseball field. By the time it finished, the hole was about sixty feet across and seventy or eighty feet deep. They filled it up with several old cars and gravel. You'd never know where it was now.

Tim Reynolds