1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sins a Christian cannot commit...

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by rbell, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

Did he make the ocean spreed. Do not be sarcastic with me. I am tired of the way you post to me. If you want to talk I will talk but if you want to be that way. I will go talk to someone else. I don't need to answer your? I need no force field anyway. Have you ever touch a oven inside. Well anyway it can burn you and it herts. So why am I going to do something that will burn me. By the way I am not ignorant so stop acting like I am. If you want to get burnt go ahead and touch it. As for me my hands are staying away from it.

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

As long as a person stays in close fellowship with the Lord, he will not commit adultery, lie, murder, ect. We stay in fellowship with Him through prayer, Bible study, church, asking forgiveness as soon as we have sinned in any way. But, when we stop doing these things, we drift away from God and we can fall very, very far away from Him, but not as to lose our salvation. But He will discipline us because He chastises those He loves as sons. When we respond to His chastisement, we repent and fellowship is restored. And the Bible says this is a sure thing.

Hbr 12:11 All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness.

If we do not respond, then the Lord may take our lives (sin unto death).

It is very important for the believer to maintain his fellowship with God to avoid chastisement, physical death, loss of rewards in heaven and a miserable life on earth, but he will not lose the eternal life that God has promised him.

3. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

You mean to tell me that would be a punishment to you to go home. Thats not a punishment thats a blessing.I can't count how many times I asked him to take me home. I hate this flesh and the life of this sin that dwelleth in it. Are you telling me I can sin and he will take my natural life for it and I can go to heaven faster. Because that is what I got from your post. I hate sin and the thought of it. That is the reason I can't count how many time I asked him to take my life from this world. Do you think it would be better down here then to be up there with him. I HATE THIS LIFE. There is nothing down here beter then Gods love. Nothing.

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

(Sigh)

This is what I've been asking the entire thread!

#324 rbell, Mar 6, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2008
  5. rbell

rbell Active Member

Thanks for your input

There is one item regarding this that is pertinent to the discussion.

The PM which I posted to Bob on this thread...was simply a copy and paste of a public post which I had posted EARLIER that day on a public thread..

That post had just been "buried" in a rather large thread.

So the post wasn't private in that sense of the word. I honestly thought that when Bob read my post, we would agree more than disaree on the issue. Guess not.

However, I apologize if that still violates either the letter or the spirit of BB posting ruels...

6. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

This thread has run beyond the 30 page limit and will now be closed

Bro. David
    aka blackbird

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.