1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Sins in the church that dwarf abortion

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Revmitchell, Jan 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

Zaac seems to have a one track mind, and his delivery isn't exactly what I'd call graceful. But I do agree with what he is saying at the core. Yes, homosexuality is wrong. Yes, abortion is wrong.

But how am I going to be a witness to the homosexual coworker when the day before he heard me talking bad about my pastor. Is a person who is contemplating an abortion going to listen to my message of love while I am bashing them over the head for their sin?

But more importantly, am I going to have the power of God over my life? If I am an angry person? If I am a lustful person? If I am lazy at work?

I believe Zaac is promoting an introspective look at ourselves before we try and change the world. A revival is needed in America. And it starts with one person. Me.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think he is. I think there are certain political elements he hates to see criticized and others he does not mind criticizing himself. He is inconsistent and hypocritical.

3. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Now, I agree that abortion is one of the cruelest, if not the cruelest thing a woman could do. She says "but it's my body"!! Yes, that's true. But that "body" in her womb isn't her body. That's that baby's body, and to prematurely abort it is out-and-out murder. Now, does God forgive murderers? How about homosexuals? How about whoremongers? Whores? Child molestors? Thieves? The answer to all of these is a resounding "YES"!!

So, we categorize sin, yet I don't don't believe God does. Now, in the OT, you take a life, you lose your life. Also, it was "eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth". However, we don't live under that structure any longer. In the OT days, God acted swiftly and severely, and even killed Onan for spilling his seed(sperm) on the ground after he was told to raise up seed to his brother Er(Gen. 38). God killed him Himself. Then in Numbers 16, God had the earth swallow up the house of Korah. So God's punishment at that time was usually swift and severe.

Now He is longsuffering with His people. Now there's the Grace Covenant we are in. Not that there wasn't any grace in OT days, but there's more of it now than then, it seems. God deals with murderers, idolators, molestors, rapists, thieves, homosexuals, heterosexual whores and whoremongers all the same way, putting them in hell where they deserve to go...those who failed to repent of their wicked deeds, that is.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What sin is is not the only consideration to be made.

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

We all know you don't think so because for me to do so just upsets your wheelhouse.

Criticize all you want. Just be consistent and non-hypocritical which you just can't seem to be because you don't give a flying hoot about folks going to hell. You just trying to be right about your pet issue.

6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed. Zaac's purpose here is merely political. All the Christian jargon he spouts is mere subterfuge.

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I was a boy....and a member of the Roman Catholic church, I belonged to the local Nights of Columbus Boy Scouts and the way disputes were handled was a boxing match indoors. The principle was one guy knocks the spit outa the other guy and that generally resolved the problems. Then you shake hands and you respected the other guy cause he had the nads to step into the ring with you...somehow that was more masculine and more honest then all this backbiting ....maybe its just getting it outa your system, I don't know.

8. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

9. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is one:

Sodomy.

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

11. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Red Will" Danaher: I'll count three, and if you're not out of the house by then, I'll loose the dogs on you.

Thornton: If you say "three," mister, you'll never hear the man count "ten."

12. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Iperhaps, but why does he have such a hard time agreeing with God that Homosexuality cannot be condoned, nor held unto as a commited life style, for a christian?

13. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why is homosexuality harped about so much and other sins so little, such as:

1. Lust
    2. Gluttony
    3. Greed
    4. Sloth
    5. Wrath
    6. Envy
    7. Pride
    8. Acedia
    9. Vainglory
    10. Thieft
    11. Murder
    12. Coveting

Why pick on just one sin?

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    well, just watch him launch out ANYONE that might have a problem with Homosexuality within Body as a sin problem, or criticize the president!

15. pk4life

pk4life Member

Are abortions and homosexuality running rampant inside all your churches?

Or are we just preaching against the world's activities more so than what's inside the church?

Everyone gossips. I do, you do, EVERYONE. And it can destroy a church. I've seen it.

Not everyone is going to abort a baby or have a homosexual relationship. And that number is probably dramatically lower inside a good Baptist church.

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is the One sin area that there are christians and entire demoniations/church group comitted to having no longer seen as being a sin, no longer something chrsitians must stop doing!

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    well abortion has murdered over 55 Million in USA alone, much less many more in china and other nations...

Homosexuality has given to those practicing it as a lifestyle several life threatening diseases, shorten lives,and wreaking families...

How many have died in your church from gossip?

Agree that it is a sin, but really when compared to the other two?

18. pk4life

pk4life Member

If you have a friend who is struggling with alcohol addiction... do you take them aside and explain to them the evils of murder... because after all, at least he's only an alcoholic!

19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

What you've watched out at me doing is address your EXTRA-BIBLICAL foolishness that you want to require of one group of sinners when God has put forth any such stipulation.

And I have no problem with anyone criticizing the President's policies. But it's rather dumb to go at him sideways all day when the Church is doing the same thing.

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Pk4life, watch their comments. They aren't concerned about other sins and whether people are going to hell. And if they are, it certainly doesn't show. They are concerned about winning the political argument about their pet sins and that's about it.

You said EVERYONE GOSSIPS and it can destroy a church and he said WELL because he doesn't care. He is out to stigmatize certain sins as the worst of the worst in order to win an argument.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.