Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Winman, Jun 28, 2014.
LOL, when I saw this, it reminded me of some of our regular posters here;
Reads like many of the posts on BB. :smilewinkgrin:
YIKES! That was actually easy to follow. Amazing how the brain works.:laugh:
If 55% can read it what be wrong with the remaining 45%?
They can't. Sorry - just had to.:smilewinkgrin:
Hmm, read right through it without a pause.
I work in Technical Support. I find it amazing how the brain DOESN'T work!
"Sir, please go to the wiring diagram. It's near the back on the instructions."
'I ain't GOT the instructions. I done throwed em away! Who needs instructions to install a $12,000 peace of custom-made equipment?"
Yeah, that was relatively easy. I was surprised. If someone can't understand what was said in the OP --does that mean they aren't very literate? ;-)
Tech Support Specialist entry: "The problem lies with the nut between the chair and the keyboard."
Interestingly, this doesn't really work as advertised. It only works on certain words that have very strong hints as to what that word is once the letters are mixed up based on the shortness of the word and surrounding words. If you scramble random paragraphs from literature in the same way that is described, you can't read it at all. I know this because I wrote a computer program that does exactly just that. Totally illegible.
I suspect that it only works with one's first language. Or if a second, it has been applied since childhood.
Actually, that's not true. It isn't that the passage gives "hints" -- it's just that these are among the 2,000 most commonly used words in the English language. If your computer program scrambles Shakespeare, I'm sure you're correct, but consider the words of Shakespeare and their commonality, and you understand why it works that way.
Certainly you can't scramble pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis and expect to be able to read it. One can barely read it when it is spelled correctly. :laugh:
The works of Nostradamus makes it obvious. If you have read his stuff, you'll recognize that he doesn't use real hard words, they are very simple and common words. You still can't read it, because the way he writes is already like talking to Yoda, there are no obvious hints in the sentence structure, and when you do it randomly, you can't tailor the word to give strong hints, meaning scrambling the same word different ways can produce different levels of how hard it is to unscramble, and a randomized program isn't going to give you the easiest way.
For example, Cgdirbmae. Who on earth would read that and instantly deduct that they meant "Cambridge"? That follows the rules but it doesn't work well, yet all it is doing is spelling it backwards. Oh but if you spell it as Cmabrigde, then put a hint in the sentence, "Uinervtisy"... "Cmabrigde Uinervtisy", it helps you along now doesn't it? Cdbamgrie Utisreviny, not nearly as easy and instant had we not been talking about it. This simply doesn't work well without strong hints.
I had no problem reading the picture (and have seen it lots of times before), though I kept reading the thread title as "sleeping doesn't matter".