1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Slidell Baptist Seminary Amends

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by rustynail, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I took note of the very same thing. None of us are perfect and I certainly make my share of goofs (because I usually don't do much proof reading). However to attack someone so harshly for using poor grammer (etc) and then to turn around a make the same type of mistakes is hypocritical. We all make mistakes and we should not try to discredit someone by pointing out those mistakes. When I see a spelling/grammer typo on these boards I ignore it. I assume the person was typing too fast, not paying attention to how they were wording things, and did not have a chance to proof read what they wrote. I have seen men with PhD's make horrible grammatical and spelling errors when they write something quickly and/or fail to proof read.

2. A Baptist in Slidell

Sorry, but I'm new to all this posting. I would have edited, but can't see where it will let me. I rely on credibility for interpretation (of the Bible), and to me Slidell doesn't have any. There are two things I can not and will not respect, a liar and a cheat, never did and never will. Again, I am sorry for my indolence, but I have had it with people who don't know what they are talking about. These people are tearing at the heart of the Baptist churches.

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==How do you know he did not attend that particular school (of which I am unfamiliar)? Do you have proof? If not, why do you make such strong statements? It seems a bit over the line. I even considered reporting your post. However I did not want the whole thread locked.

==Documentation or proof?

Many churches, good and bad, were damaged/destroyed by the Hurricane. What evidence do you have to show that Ridge Memorial was destroyed because God was sending a message about Slidell "Seminary"? Could it be that the church building was just the victim of a hurricane?

==That is a low blow and certainly not a Christ-like attitude. Would you like me to make a big deal of your mistakes ("You prove to me"..."I can asure"...stay away from even the apperaance of evil.Something else.)? Maybe we all make mistakes, maybe we are all not perfect. I make grammatical/spelling errors all the time and I have a MA degree from an accredited university and I am working on my second MA at a different accredited university.

==I think you took the gentleman's statement on being tired of reading out of context and you certainly have no way of backing up your claim that this person lacks reading or experience. While I strongly disapprove of Slidell, and while I don't agree with this brother's positions, I think these type of attacks are uncalled for.

==That is a false statement. There are some good schools that are not "yet" accredited or that have chosen not to seek accreditation. Bob Jones was one, there is also Shepherd's Seminary in Cary NC, and Greenville Presbyterian Seminary in South Carolina. Certainly a school like Slidell is dishonest presenting it's false accreditation as true accreditation but that does not mean that all non-accredited schools are degree mills or dishonest. Your statement is clearly wrong. I work in a state university and my father was dean of a school in a state university and has worked on accreditation teams (NCATE, SACS). I have also spent a lot of time studying accreditation. So if you think I am wrong please show me why.

==Way over the line mainly considering the issue.

==I am not sure the FBI is interested in seminary diploma mills. There are local law enforcement agencies that "might" care but usually they just look the other way. In my experience the authorities usually only care about degree-mills if it is in the fields of business, education, law, or medicine. I know of a degree-mill within driving distance of my house. Everyone knows what it is (a tax write off) but the police ignore it.

==I thought you said the church was destroyed by a hurricane? Btw, small does not mean bad.

4. Broadus

Broadus Member

Many of us share your concern and seek to warn others. Thank you for sharing what you've learned.

BTW, there is an "edit" button, but I think you have only perhaps 15 minutes from the time you post in order to edit. At least, that's the way it worked some months ago.

Bill

5. A Baptist in Slidell

I apologized my brother, Broadus. No, none of us are perfect, not one. I did not have the time, yes, it is 15 minutes, to correct my errors. I am very familiar with Tulane University in New Orleans. It is a difficult school even to get into. It is ranked as one of the best colleges in the nation. I have an idea who is doing this, ie, The Real Truth. Here in Slidell they have lied so much it is hard to determine from them what exactly is the truth or not the truth. Next time you post, TheRealTruth, let me know where the building for Slidell Baptist Seminary, what you called an "institution", is, I'd like to take a look at it, all I can find is a P.O. Box. The FBI has raided diploma mills in the State of Louisiana, seized currency, and jailed the owner. Reaearch Tom Kirk, and the World Christian Church in Mandeville , Louisiana. There have been others too. Usually they do it stemming from fraud or conspiracy charges. By the way, e-mail Broadus and/or Martin a copy of your Tulane diploma. If you fail to do so, I'll take it what you said is not true. God bless you all, and I again apologize for my punctuation and spelling mistakes. Please forgive me. I know of none of the 10 Commandments which state, Thou shalt not make mistakes, we are forgiven of them by the shed blood of Jesus, but I do know of one which states, "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor". If I have done so, let me speak with my God and ask for forgiveness. If I have not, let's see who the real liar is here. Amen.

6. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Please DON'T email me a copy of your diploma. On this forum I will take a person's word on things like ths. If this brother says he took classes, or earned a degree, from a particular school I will give him the benefit of the doubt and believe him.

==First you are the one who started in on someone's spelling/grammer. That is your doing, we just turned the tables on you (so to speak). Second I don't think Jesus died for forgive spelling/grammer mistakes. Jesus died for our sins and not our mistakes in grammer/spelling.

==I asked you several direct questions in my last reply, none of which you have answered. I also pointed out that your statement on unaccredited schools was incorrect. I am not accusing you of "bearing false witness". I imagine it is either a misunderstanding or a mis-statement.

7. GodsRealTruth

GodsRealTruth New Member

My Brother,

I do not know why you chose to attack me. I do forgive you, and I know you took my statement of "tired of reading" the wrong way. I do think studying church history is very important, BUT I was just saying some institutions tend to promote that over the studying of the word of God. I read alot of books in Seminary on church history and continue to do so today. I know without a shadow of a doubt God speaks through other men's books even today. I was just merely stating the position I feel the Word of God should be promoted first.

With regards to me attending Tulane University, I did attend from 1990 - 1995. However, I do not feel the need to prove myself on that at all.

With regards to the gentleman who stated I am not worthy to be a pastor. How can you say such a thing when you do not even know me? Again I know you have misunderstood my position. I hope you will accept my apology for the miscommunication. I know in my heart, mind, body, and soul that God has called me to Pastor and Preach his Word!

Please accept my apologizes on whatever I did to make you and others on here so angry. I was not attacking you nor anyone else. I was just merely stating my opinion.

God Bless You and everyone here. :tear: :praying: :1_grouphug:

#87 GodsRealTruth, Jul 6, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2007
  8. A Baptist in Slidell

I was working on that and I was disconnected from the internet, I am in the course of changing our ISP. I will reply ASAP.

#88 A Baptist in Slidell, Jul 7, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2007
  9. A Baptist in Slidell

[With regards to me attending Tulane University, I did attend from 1990 - 1995. However, I do not feel the need to prove myself on that at all.
    Let me ask you some very simple questions regarding Tulane U., my brother.
    What street is in the front of the campus, and what is across from it, in proximity to the campus?
    What does "UC" mean and what was in the front of it (outside) used for?
    What is the Baseball field named? What was it before it was a baseball field?
    What street is in the back of the campus and what restaurant is directly across from it? (prior to the hurricane).
    What is the athletic building called? What is just inside the front door?
    Who is the president?
    Can you recite the athletic chant?
    Your credibility is in question here my brother. If you want more believability, answer the questions, they are simple ones and would only take you a few minutes, otherwise I will consider you untrustworthy.

10. A Baptist in Slidell

11. A Baptist in Slidell

==First you are the one who started in on someone's spelling/grammer. That is your doing, we just turned the tables on you (so to speak). Second I don't think Jesus died for forgive spelling/grammer mistakes. Jesus died for our sins and not our mistakes in grammer/spelling.

Yes, my brother, noone at Tulane ever says "I seen"...,., as Gods' Real did. I find that highly unusual. Tulane is a well respected university with high academic standards, maybe try LSU. Yes, my brother, I have said in other postings that I am new to all this and as Broadus has said, we only get 15 minutes to edit our posts. The time ran out on me to edit and correct some of the errors I made. No, my brother I am not perfect, but I can assure you I wouldn't say "I seen" in a million years. Honestly.
    What is sin my brother? I was referring to sins as being mistakes we make. Yes, Jesus shed His precious blood so that sins may be forgiven, the Sacrificial Lamb, the Just for the unjust. He paid the debt for us. Glory to God. He arose on the third day! And yes we look for the Second Coming.

#91 A Baptist in Slidell, Jul 8, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2007
  12. A Baptist in Slidell

==Many churches, good and bad, were damaged/destroyed by the Hurricane. What evidence do you have to show that Ridge Memorial was destroyed because God was sending a message about Slidell "Seminary"? Could it be that the church building was just the victim of a hurricane?

What I was saying, my brother, is that in law , this is considered "an act of God". Do you think that if God wanted to spare a church from destruction He could have?
    I know of churches that came out of Hurricane Katrina, (I'm suprised at your lack of knowledge on the most horrible disaster of our time), without a scratch. We stayed in New Orleans thoughout the hurricane, and for about 3 weeks thereafter. No flood where we were, it seemed God stopped the water from raeching us. We had enough food and water to last for months. We had gas to cook. We had no electricity in 100 degree heat. We had restless and feaful nights. We sang Gospel hymns throughout. We know God was with us every step of the way, one miracle after another. Oh, thank you Jesus.
    Do you think we are in the last days my brother. My Bible tells me we are in the last day. Floods, famine, earthquakes, wars, rumors of war, brother against brother, mother against daughter, etc...,. all in my Bible, yours?
    Do you think God can send a message this way? Ask Bro. Paul for some pictures of the church, Ridge Mem., he probably won't like it. They did rebuild, but now we are going into another hurricane season, I'll keep you posted. I doubt they will staystand through another one.

==I thought you said the church was destroyed by a hurricane? Btw, small does not mean bad.[/QUOTE]

13. A Baptist in Slidell

14. A Baptist in Slidell

==That is a false statement. There are some good schools that are not "yet" accredited or that have chosen not to seek accreditation. Bob Jones was one, there is also Shepherd's Seminary in Cary NC, and Greenville Presbyterian Seminary in South Carolina. Certainly a school like Slidell is dishonest presenting it's false accreditation as true accreditation but that does not mean that all non-accredited schools are degree mills or dishonest. Your statement is clearly wrong. I work in a state university and my father was dean of a school in a state university and has worked on accreditation teams (NCATE, SACS). I have also spent a lot of time studying accreditation. So if you think I am wrong please show me why.

A school like Slidell is handing out "diplomas" that aren't worth the paper they are printed on, worthless. Fake credentials are allowing unqualified employees to enter the civil service and advance rapidly through it. Several lawmakers have pushed for a probe on the Federal Govt., and the General Accounting Office has issued a report on diploma mills. The U.S. Dept. of Educaion has issued a list accredited schools to combat the problem.
    Maybe these "good" schools you have mentioned should seek accreditation. The diploma received would stand for something. Personally, I have a credibility problem with them.

==I am not sure the FBI is interested in seminary diploma mills. There are local law enforcement agencies that "might" care but usually they just look the other way. In my experience the authorities usually only care about degree-mills if it is in the fields of business, education, law, or medicine. I know of a degree-mill within driving distance of my house. Everyone knows what it is (a tax write off) but the police ignore it.

Varies from State to State. However, in Mandeville, Louisiana, (not very far from Slidell, about 15 minutes on Hwy 12), The World Christian Church actually built a campus and had enrollment of several thousand students around the world, but the "correspondence" coursework was graded by secretaries (slidell, SBS does the same thing, a Judy Poland grades his papers for him), and the school falsely claimed it was accredited, (SBS here again). Thomas Kirk, the president of The World Christian Church, plead guilty to conspiracy in the late 1990s and was sentenced to five years in prison.
    Federal law does not specifically outlaw diploma mills, but institutions that issue fake ducational certificates can be charged with violating fraud or conspiracy laws, so says the Justice Dept.
    On January 12, 2004, Ronald Pellar plead guilty to nine counts of fraud for operating Colombia State University, a nonexistent correspondence school in a "CSU" catalog, the school was said to be located in Metairie, Louisiana, but mail was actually forwarded to Pellar in California. The operation took in "millions of dollars in tuition fees" while Pellar dispensed bachelor's, masters and doctoral degrees for as little as one months worth of correspondence work.
    Personally, I'd like to see these dishonest people using God and the Holy Bible to take advantage of hapless victims who fall prey to their dealings shut down for good. SHAME ON THEM, ALL OF THEM.

==

#94 A Baptist in Slidell, Jul 8, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2007
  15. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

==It is an abomination and those who practice it will not enter heaven (1Cor 6:9-10, Rev 21:8).

16. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Of course He could have. However I know there were good and bad churches that were damaged/destroyed during that hurricane and during hurricanes here in North Carolina.

==So, every church that is destroyed during a hurricane/tornado is destroyed as an act of Divine judgment?

17. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Of course you are correct about Slidell. However to claim that:

"NO school is legitimate which lacks accretidation not recognized by the U.S. Dept. Of Education, or the Council for Higher Education."

That statement shows either a major misunderstanding of the issue or of a blurring of the lines. It takes time for schools to gain accreditation. Therefore young schools (like Shepherd Seminary) do not have accreditation "yet" (though they are seeking it). Other ministry schools don't seek accreditation because their job is creating missionaries and pastors. A school, accredited or not, must be judged on its own academic merits. Accreditation is important however it is not right to say that all unaccredited schools are not "legitimate".

Btw, what is your academic background (degrees, schools).

18. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Moderator's Warning

Guys, we're getting a little too chippy. I have no idea how discussion of homosexuality got into this.....anyway, we've reached ten pages. Let's start wrapping up..the 24 hour notice is not far off.

19. A Baptist in Slidell

I'm still awaiting these answers. They are very simple and could be answered in a few minutes. Credibility is the issue here. Do you have any? We're waiting my brother.

20. A Baptist in Slidell

You yourself answered that in the post above this one, "Of course...." I wouldn't say "judgment", I would say Divine "intervention". Did Jesus walk on the water? Did Jesus calm the stormy seas? Did God create the wind, the rain, and the air? Wouldn't you say He has power over them? I've had a vision and have seen the power of God sending a message to that church, Ridge Memorial. He doesn't like what's going on their. You reap what you sow my brother.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.