1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Slowly moving my wife towards Reformed Theology from IFB theology

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Dec 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    At the time in my IFB days no Reformed could change me as the only the HS did that. In the same way no one can change my wife as its a job of the HS. Do you not believe this?

2. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To be charitable, you have not read too widely.

3. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Be cautious people. Winman is teaching some serious error in this post. First he is teaching the Ransom to Satan Atonement view which states that God had to pay Satan to purchase man's freedom, and second he is teaching a dualism between God and Satan which is false. Satan is a being and not God, and he cannot equally battle God. He only does what God allows him, and has no power other than what God has allowed him.

#23 evangelist6589, Dec 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2013
  4. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:applause::applause::applause:

5. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with you, however how can I respect teachers in the IFB movement whom do not preach on SIN, and repentance, but instead preach a "God has a wonderful plan for your life" hook and sinker message at the Christmas service? The pastor did not mention sin, repentance, the Holiness of God, hell, judgment, or anything of the sort. Just a "God has a wonderful plan for your life" and then the alter call which led people to a prayer, but what did they repent from?? Why did they come to Christ? They came to better their life, not because they knew they were doomed to spend eternal judgment apartment from God. I cannot respect such sermons in such churches.

6. quantumfaith

Are you certain? Perhaps he has, and this is the conclusion he has come to?

7. Winman

Winman Active Member

Satan cannot battle God? Have you ever actually read the Bible?

Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
    8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
    9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Dude, you need to quit reading books that are leading you into serious error and start reading the Bible. You don't know what you are talking about.

Do you see it says "the dragon fought, and his angels"? And then it tells us this dragon is the Devil, and Satan?

You are clueless.

#27 Winman, Dec 18, 2013
  8. quantumfaith

Everything which does not meet with your approval is by default an anti-cal attack. Consider your posts too.

9. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What doctrine has Andy Stanley led you to believe in? What theology books if any have you read since you have been in that church?

10. quantumfaith

Thank you for pointing that out Don. To add, the preacher often is disparaging toward anything arminian.

11. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well he can battle God, however his power is very limited and as I mentioned he only does what God allows him. If God allows him to inspire Adam Lanza to murder innocent children then God has allowed this. If God allows him to battle the church and inspire the Charismatic movement, then God has allowed this. However he DOES NOTHING apart from God's power and sovereignty. You teach that God and Satan are co-equals but this is false.

PS- I corrected the word phrasing error in the OP. Satan can indeed battle God, but only if God allows it.

#31 evangelist6589, Dec 18, 2013
  12. quantumfaith

I suggest you become a little like Fox News (Fair and Balanced) Get her some Andy Stanley sermons to listen to. Let her decide where theologically she wants to be.

13. Winman

Winman Active Member

Now you are agreeing with me. :rolleyes:

You need to quit reading books FULL OF ERROR. Leave your poor wife alone, she is probably far closer to the truth than you are.

Satan is a powerful angel, he can do miracles. He cannot beat God of course, but he can give God a real battle. And Satan can deceive many persons and cause them to go to hell. This is how Satan hurts God, by causing people to be lost. He cannot directly harm God, so this is what he does.

Satan is not God's servant, whoever taught you that has taught you pure error.

14. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Andy Stanley????? No we need good theology served in a healthy diet of meat & vegetables. One cannot survive on candy based sermons such as ones by Andy Stanley. A good diet consists of good sermons from John MacArthur and Grace to You associated preachers.

#34 evangelist6589, Dec 18, 2013
  15. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One cannot argue or debate with WinMan. He is not here to debate but to air his opinions & he has found a platform to do that here on the BB.

16. Winman

Winman Active Member

You are teaching pure error. Satan is God's enemy, his adversary. Satan cannot harm God, but Satan can hurt God by causing people to be lost.

You are the last person that should be telling someone else what to believe. Put down those books and read the Bible.

17. quantumfaith

I think you owe WM an apology for this, he has never suggested God and Satan are co-equals.

18. quantumfaith

I am not sure you would know a good sermon or homily if you actually paid attention and listened to it.

19. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread has gotten completely OT.

20. Winman

Winman Active Member

No it hasn't. You said you were trying to move your wife toward Reformed theology, and I am pointing out the serious errors in your theology.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.