1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Small Ky. church votes against interracial couples

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by freeatlast, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I am an active member of a denomination, parts of which regrettably practise it. There are equally liberal Baptist churches which approve of it.
    Then why would I have called it 'an abomination'?
    But it hasn't 'hallowed sodomy; certain renegade elements of it have.

The point? The indignation against this church isn't at all based on biblical morality, but on man's infernal political correctness.[/quote] No, it's based on the Gospel.

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not meddling. He invited my opinion.

You wanted to know why I posted in the manner I did. The reason should be obvious. It needed to be pointed out that the judgment against this church is not based on biblical morality, but political correctness. The overattention given to it and the disproportionate degree of wrath and indignation poured out upon it is a classic symptom of this kind of doublethink. Biblically, the decision is a triviality.

#42 Aaron, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2011
  3. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The judgment rendered by this farce "vote" (now soundly repudiated by the church's saints BTW) was not based on biblical morality that's for sure. The overattention this to this couple and the disproportionate degree of wrath and indignation poured out upon them is a classic symptom of bigotry.