1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Small Prayer Request

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Arbo, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

An update. After a few weeks of tending to some business that required us to travel, we are able again to focus on acquiring a doggie.

We had still been checking the local shelters, though nothing has seemed to work out. Certain requirements because of extended family need to be observed, and we have found this to be difficult to work around.

Then there was the incident with the shepherd mix. Without giving details, it made Wifey leery of any breed/mix but a golden retriever. She put her golden or nothing foot down. (We went through this ten years ago, and I know it'd be a futile battle.:))

So we have decided to get another golden. There is a breeder who impresses us who is ten minutes away and happens to have a litter due in a few days. We are now on the list for a female.

Our prayer has been and is still that we'd find the right dog, for our and it's sake; that He'd guide us through to the right result; and that we'd have the sense to see that direction. We've seen doors closed. Whether this will open remains in question, but we are trusting Him to do what He sees fit.

#21 Arbo, Oct 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2011
  2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Have you looked into either a golden rescue or else the Guide Dog Foundation or other similar foundation for rejects? I know that sounds mean but sometimes there are dogs that just won't work for seeing eye dogs but would make great pets.

3. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

We have, and have found either: A. The available dogs were mixes (my wife is adamant, and I need to respect her wishes), B. We were not comfortable with the adoption contract (though I understand the motive behind it, we cannot agree to unannounced welfare inspections; giving the agency the right to recover our dog at their discretion; and the like), or C. Simple distance, as in out of state.

#23 Arbo, Oct 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2011