1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured So asking my ? again.

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by percho, Jul 8, 2015.

1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Man was made in the simlitude of God in Adam James 3:9 ! So again you believe that Men made in the image and Likeness of God are the serpent seed, or the serpent seed were in Adam made in the simlitude of God?

2. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

I believe it was only the bride of Christ in Adam at Creation, the Church! Was not Adam a type of Christ?

3. BrotherJoseph

BrotherJoseph Well-Known Member

Brother,

Yes Adam was a type of Christ. You do not believe the serpents seed was in Adam, then how do you believe they came into being on earth?

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You speak foolishness. Even the verse you quote defeats your own argument.
    All men are made in the image and likeness of God.
    Paul told the unsaved, idolatrous Athenians: we are all the offspring of God.

Act 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
    Act 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

5. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you not see two seedism being advocated, Brother Joseph? I agree there are two seeds, elect & non-elect. He(savedbymercy) is espousing the serpent's seed were never from 'the same lump of clay', the clay being Adam[Rom. 9:21]. He is saying the fall of Adam never affected the goats, but the fall of Cain made them the bad seed. Or that is how it comes across to me.

6. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. Beautiful.

7. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The Offspring of satan/serpent is not the offspring of God that Paul is speaking about, that is Two different offsprings Gen 3:14-15 !

8. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

After Adam and Eve sinned Eve would now have multiple conceptions Gen 3:16 Her and Adam would now bring into the world both the godly seed and the serpent seed!

9. BrotherJoseph

Brother Sov,

I disagree with Brother SavedbyMercy if he does believe the fall of Adam never included the goats.

10. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So Adam was made in the likeness and image of God spiritually ... so your latest statement implies that it was Eve who was made in the likeness and image of the serpent spiritually; and together, they bore physical children who could spiritually be the seed of God or the seed of the serpent.

Is that correct?

Because if it is, it totally denies that Adam sinned, thus introducing sin into the world, and that it was both Adam and Eve that bore children who were elect or un-elect.

11. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The way I understand the fall is this way: when Adam sinned, his seed fell and became corrupted(bad). If not for Christ's efficacious work on the cross, all his seed, his posterity, would still be corrupted(bad) even until this very day. So, the good seed are those who receive the benefits of the cross, thereby making them the good seed. The bad seed are still bad, because they receive not those same benefits of the cross. The good seed was chosen in Christ from the creation of the world. But both seeds have their origin in Adam.

So Cain's sin stems from Adam. The bad seed stem from Adam and not Cain.

12. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

You see at Creation the seed in Adam was the godly seed of the Elect Malachi 2:15 ! That's why Adam and Eve were made One!

13. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

If you believe that the goats first sinned in Adam, then you may conclude that irreparable damage was done by satan to them, and the image and Likeness of God they were made in!

I believe the goats sinned first in their father the devil, who sinned in the beginning 1John 3:8

14. BrotherJoseph

BrotherSov,

I would agree with you that all mankind fell in Adam, however the elect were in Adam as the seed of Christ and also prior to Adam they were in Christ in seed form in an eternal vital union, "according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began" (2 Timothy 1:9) The elect were never goats or bad seed that became good seed or sheep, "Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible (1 Peter 1:21) . This is also seen with the parable of the sower as the seed is good from the start and come directly from Christ himself, "37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;" (Matthew 13:37-38)
    The elect did however as a result of the fall need the atonement for justification, but He was the lamb slain before the foundation of the world, thus they were born justified. Christ's seed as a result of the fall are born into this world in sin, but quickened by the Holy Spirit in time becoming "born again", but at no point in time were they ever not His seed.

#34 BrotherJoseph, Jul 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2015
  15. BrotherJoseph

Brother SavedbyMercy,

I am sorry, but I find no evidence in scripture to imply that the goats were not in Adam when he sinned, nor do I know of any theologian in all of history who has ever held to such a doctrine (unless you defer to Elder Daniel Parker who also believed Satan had intercourse with Eve), do you know of any? Further, from a mere physical perspective, wouldn't it only be logical to conclude that the seed of the serpent were also seminally present in Adam when Eve sinned? How could it not be? Satan was created evil from his beginning and thus is the origin of sin, but there is no scriptural evidence to support that he actually had a physical seed that was in him before the world was formed, as Christ did. The "serpent's seed" is a spiritual seed in my opinion, not a physical one. The scripture tells us the elect were given "purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began" (2 Timothy 1:9), but there is no scripture saying the reverse regarding Satan's seed actually being "in him" before the existence of the world. God bless.

Brother Joe

16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You can't back up your statements (vain philosophy) with Scripture.
    The only thing you can do here is infer that Paul is a liar.
    Paul, in Acts 17:28,29, calls these Athenian idolatrous Greeks, "the offspring of God." He never refers to the elect whatsoever. He calls all of them "the offspring of God," and when he does, he quotes from one of their unsaved poets!!
    How do you account for that?

Act 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
    Act 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
    --At this point not one of them were unsaved.
    They were all Epicureans, Stiocs, etc.--vain philosophers and idolaters.

They were the offspring of God because they had been made in the image and likeness of God, as God had said.
    You do err not knowing the scriptures.

17. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

You may have not found evidence, but I have! And you friend are guilty of giving the devil victory over the image and Likeness of God! That's my opinion! It is no doubt in my mind that when Adam sinned, who was made in the image and Likeness of God, Those who were in his loins, his seed,in union with him, sinned in Him Rom 5:12 !

18. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Who said anything about satan having a physical seed in Him ? Look if you're going to debate what I stated, then do that or I will ignore you ! Now I believe that satan had a seed in him for two reasons, God said it Gen 3:14-15 and Jesus called him a Father John 8:44 !

19. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Paul directed his words to the regenerated elect among them, how is one the offspring of God and not be born of God? That's nonsense !

20. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would not want you anywhere near my family with a bible in your hands. You are scary.