1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured So asking my ? again.

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by percho, Jul 8, 2015.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I don't think one should speculate on those things that we know not.
    Having said that, I believe the promises given in Rev.20-22 are fairly firm, from Rev.21:8 to Rev.21:27 God has promised to keep all evil out of this new earth and new heaven. So it doesn't seem likely that another "Fall" would ever happen.

2. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rebel,your picture will be permanently placed next to the word hypocrite

3. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

From now on, instead of responding to your instigating, hateful, personal attacks, I will report you. I don't know if it will do any good or not, but instead of replying in like manner, that is what I shall do.

4. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Iniquity was found in h

im, how did it get in him?
    Satan had a offspring! Gen 3:14-15! You don't believe Gods words is your problem!

5. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Ok, it was a good read for myself, God used it to establish me in the Faith!

6. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

After the creation of satan iniquity is found in him Ezekiel 28:15, how did it come to be in him?

7. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

That's the problem, you try to understand the scriptures naturally, but it's not a natural book ,it is to be spiritually discerned! Satan was given a offspring, a seed Gen 3:14-15! Also his offspring is not Gods Offspring! Two different o ffsprings !

8. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

They don't prove it to me! The serpent seed sinned in their father the devil, that is why they are liars and will never abide in the Truth John 8:44 ! You quoting those verses doesn't prove anything except all men are born sinful!

9. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

I also must say BJ that your position here is a attack on the Sovereignty and Immutatabilty of God, for man at Creation was made in the image and Likeness of God Gen 1:26;Acts 17:26 ! You are teaching that, that which was in Gods image and Likeness , will be confirmed as Satan's offspring, that is blasphemy!

10. BrotherJoseph

BrotherJoseph Well-Known Member

Brother Rebel,

I apologize for offending you and attacking you by saying "you worship free will..". I let my sinful nature get the best of me because I got upset with your remarks regarding determinism. I usually try to stay on the topic of the Bible.

#110 BrotherJoseph, Jul 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2015
  11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

That is right. One needs spiritual eyes to understand it. Allegory (your method) is an invention of man originating by a heretic, Origen. Even the RCC recognized this and excommunicated him. Augustine, one of the Father of the RCC, however, popularized this method of interpretation. It doesn't have much to stand upon. The early believers never used it. It is an invention of man. It does not use "spiritual eyes" but the eyes of the natural man.
    The Bible was meant to be taken literally.

According to Genesis 3:15 the seed of the woman is Jesus Christ, a prophecy pointing directly to Him and no one else.
    The offspring of Satan is totally spiritual, not physical.

An example of that is given in 1John 3:

1Jn 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
    --Whoever commits sin is of the devil, that is, whoever continues in a lifestyle of sin is of the devil.

In opposition to that John says:
    1Jn 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
    --Those that are born again do not continue in sin because their lives have been changed by Christ. They have been born of the Spirit of God.

1Jn 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
    --Thus there are two: These are entirely spiritual--children of the devil and children of God. One becomes a child of God by trusting Christ.

1Jn 3:11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
    1Jn 3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.
    --The mark of a true believer is love.
    The mark of the unsaved is selfishness. He looks out for #1--himself.
    Cain did not love his brother. He murdered him. This was evidence that he was not saved; that he was "of the devil." It is spiritual not physical.

12. BrotherJoseph

Brother DHK:

But another fall could most certainly happen if what you believe is true that Satan was created good, but then sinned in heaven, however this is not what happened as he was created evil from the beginning, thus this is why God can promise us after all sinners and Satan are cast into hell that in heaven in the forever future, "27 there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie:" (Revelation 21:27). God could not make such a promise if good creatures with no sinful natures could sin as history could then repeat itself with yet another "fallen angel" or worst yet a "fallen child of God". Far be it from God!

God bless,

Brother Joe

#112 BrotherJoseph, Jul 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2015
  13. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

And I can't see where you have any spiritual understanding, you use natural understanding to undertand spiritual truth!

14. BrotherJoseph

BrotherSavedbyMercy,

I am going to drop this issue after this post and we will have to just agree to disagree on this subject. Here is my last question to you on this topic, can you name me one theologian who lived after the time the Bible was written (other than Elder Daniel Parker) who believed that the nonelect (i.e. children of the devil) were not "in Adam" when he fell? I cannot find one, and this lack of historical documentation in any writings gives credence to my assertion that it is a false doctrine. If you can't produce anyone who believed it, nor is it in any Baptist confession of faith, it can't stand the historical test. Do you believe the apostles believed this doctrine, but then it was discarded for 2,000 years until you "rediscovered" in in the scripture?

I believe you have plenty of good doctrine you teach on these boards in regards to such matters as eternal justification, eternal vital union, Christ's seed, anti gospel regeneration, but in regards to asserting the nonelect were never in Adam when he fell, you are in serious error brother.

15. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

My position is founded on Gods words, not men, you trust in men more than the word of God, and again your position is a attack on the Sovereignty and Immutability of God, that Men made in the image and Likeness of God became the seed of the serpent, with no hope of redemption, that is your position, it is a disgrace!

16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I think most of us know that the same could be said of yourself.

17. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

See you at the Judgment!

18. BrotherJoseph

BrotherSavedbymercy,

The question is, in what manner was Adam made in the likeness of God? Adam was not made in the image of God in that he was made a miniature-copy of God (I am not saying you teach this). That is not the thought at all. Let us see what the record says: “27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.” (Genesis 1:17) Right here, in the fact that in Adam God made both male and female in one person Adam, we see the figure of Christ. Just as the church is the bride of Christ, and was in him before the world began, so Eve was the companion of Adam, and was in Adam when he was formed from the dust of the ground, not having then any separate being from him. Adam, the one individual, was made male and female; he and his bride were one in creation and formation. So Christ and his church are one. Now, when this was done Brother Savedbymercy, the serpent's seed was not in Adam because Adam had not yet had sin imputed to him as a result of the fall, thus he was in the image of God without sin. You also agree with me that sin entered into Adam's flesh because of the fall and we would both agree sin entering into Adam did not negate the fact that he was indeed originally made in the image of God, why then does asserting that along with sin, the serpent's seed also spiritually entered into Adam deny the fact that Adam was originally created in God's image without sin with his bride in him ?

God bless,

Brother Joe

19. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

I accept your apology and hope you will accept mine. No one is perfect, least of all me.

20. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

You teach that man in Adam made in the image of God, becomes the seed of the serpent, and that which was made in God's image and Likeness shall spend eternity in the lake of fire , oh what a victory for the devil!