1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

So just what is wrong with the KJB?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Precepts, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Seems everyone always tries to point out what they feel is wrong with the KJB in their "attempt" to discuss translations and versions, but those who promote mv's never "attack" other versions than the KJB?

Doesn't this just prove their attacks are malicious and thereby including the rant of "KJVO' as malicious too? Yes.

2. skanwmatos

skanwmatos New Member

No, it just proves that you don't know what you are talking about. I have never attacked the KJV. What I have attacked is your false attacks on the bible and your false KJVOism.

3. Precepts

Precepts New Member

I haven't attacked the AV 1611 KJB ONCE! But I am glad you've admitted your saying my "attacks" are false attacks , especially when it is false to say I ver attacked the AV 1611 KJB: God's Word to the English speaking people. I am KJVOistic, not ismatic. But we do see you're ism-o-scentric.

4. skanwmatos

skanwmatos New Member

Once again, you lie. I never said you attacked the "AV 1611 KJB." I said you attacked the word of God, which you have done over and over again.
    Now you have repeated the same lie again.
    Another lie. I teach and preach only from the KJV. I just don't lie, as you do, about other versions.

5. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

I've seen in many places on the board MV's who disagree with translations such as the Living Bible and the Phillips Translation. Others don't like the Message. Your assumption is false.

6. Precepts

Precepts New Member

I said it "seems", but Scott I commend your honesty.

Skan, you are simply accusative and full of the ....

7. Orvie

Orvie New Member

Pre, you are simply accusative and full of.... yourself! [​IMG]

8. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Orvie, I commend your stupidity

9. Orvie

Orvie New Member

[​IMG] Coming from you, I consider your commendation a compliment! thanx ;) [​IMG] ;)

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that you be not consumed one of another.

11. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Be careful not to use the Word of God as an attack on your brother in Christ. I have experienced this very thing on the behalf of many who claim to be Christians and it is quite hypocritical.

12. NaasPreacher (C4K)

The statement stands. The last hour or so as been biting and devouring on both sides.

13. Precepts

Precepts New Member

I believe the theme is being stolen from the original topic by those bent on their rant as usual. The menas of using the Word of God as an attack on brethren is sickening and not right. I appreciate your concern, but do not see any real concern over the matter, just the usual rant so comon in here.

14. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Please Precepts, where is the Word of God being used as an attack? I am the only one who has quoted scripture so you accusation is clearly against me. That is indeed sad, my brother.

How can my quoting a passage of scripture which is in the context of love for each other be viewed as an attack? The last few posts above show no love for each other and are indeed biting and devouring on both sides.

You have without provocation called my use of God's Word, in context, as hypocrtical, sickening, and not right.

15. Precepts

Precepts New Member

No, Brother, I only made a general statement. You have proven by your vanity to claim that statement as yours to receive the intent of it. If you had taken the approach in this manner:

1 Corinthians 14:26 How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

But instead you made it perceived as only in the negative aspect as we are only biting and devouring. I do not say you are completely wrong, but why use a verse so demonstrative instead of taking a better, more edifying approach?

16. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Why did Paul use it in the context he did? Right after he talks about liberty in Christ he says "By love serve one another." How much love has been shown here in the last few posts? You accused me of vanity, but I am the only one who used scripture and you said such use of scripture was hypocritical. Anyway, back to the passage, Paul summarises all of the law with one word "Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." This where he inserts the edifying comment warning about biting and devouring.

As you aptly point out, how is either side in this thread edifying each other. A lack of edification is indeed biting and devouring. Both warnings are appropriate.

17. Precepts

Precepts New Member

It is inappropiate to jump to the alternative. It is best to approach with the positive aspect first, then if necessary go to the rebuke. We tend to rebuke first, then reprove, then edify. We also tend to take chronologically to reprove, then rebuke, then edify, but that is in contradiction to giveing a soft answer to turn away wrath. dification is first and foremost, reproof is second, rebuke is last. That is why.

I'm just reacting to the manner of the forum, not taking personal attacks against anyone's actual person as vanity would have it. Be careful not to let Vanity and Pride on the porchswing together.

18. Orvie

Orvie New Member

translation: I can't handle the heat, maybe I oughtta get out of the kitchen (BB). Precepts, I beseech thee, that thou wilt not abandon ship. Who would I have to entertain me? :D Yes, Quecepts, I admit it...I have an addiction ;)
    PS- The Original topic is your paranoia ;)

19. Precepts

Precepts New Member

So just what is wrong with the KJB? A lot of heat, but no answer. But Christ4Kildare has opened a good discussion of translation of the Bible in turn.

I believe we can receive light in "light" of the discussion to his introduction.

20. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

What is wrong with the KJV? Primarily the language ... it is not how we speak any more. Some better choices could certainly be made with respect to the underlying text but that does not make it bad.