1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

So, what is it you want for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by exscentric, Dec 2, 2013.

1. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Better get that tech toy list together! I could go for a tablet with the new android on it but have couple with the previous version so can not justify it.

Got a class action settlement from emachines and got a free windows 8 tablet so my tech list is bare this year :)

2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am quickly becoming analog in a digital age. I can’t think of anything I want. Maybe a real book (the kind with paper pages):eek:

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth.

4. exscentric

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How come, need a door stop? :tongue3:

5. exscentric

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not needed, the digital synthesis of food is just around the corner :laugh: AND -- Amazon.com will deliver it by drones!:thumbsup:

6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The only tech stuff we got for Christmas is an iPhone 5C for DH. I had the money set aside in a savings account that he knows about but doesn't think about (it's been money that has come in as checks in his name - mostly from stock dividends) so I was able to pay for it easily. It's with Virgin Mobile so it will be just $30 a month for unlimited texting, data and 300 minutes of calling. I was never able to get a hold of him before because he hated his prepaid Boost phone (pay by the call/text) and so he would just leave it at home. He has an iPad Mini with cellular but it was still too hard to reach him. I knew he'd love the iPhone but wouldn't pay the money for it ($450) so that is his Christmas gift and he got it early since I needed his Boost account info in order to get the number moved over. :D

Other than that, I think we're set. Oh wait - my 21 year old wanted a 6 foot charging cable for her cell phone which I got for $15.

So what do I want for Christmas? New running shoes that are properly fitted (got them last night) and a reflective running vest (on it's way). I also want kids who do their chores without asking and maybe a nice dinner out at my favorite Mexican restaurant. :D

7. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As geeky as I am -- I can't think of a single tech toy for Christmas. I eventually want to replace my Galaxy S3 with a Galaxy Note, but that's for "Christmas in July"....

8. exscentric

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    " kids who do their chores without asking"

I was speaking of Christmas presents not miracles you are off topic! :)

9. exscentric

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We have tab 2's and love them .. note looks like a real nice rig. July should get the new android kit kat I should think :)