1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

So who here has been to, heard of, or planning on going to Camp Zion (Myrtle, Miss.)

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Spoudazo, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Spoudazo

Spoudazo New Member

God willing I'll be going back this coming (next?) March and July. I really wish I had went this year. Please be in prayer for the camp and for those who go. It's a truly God-blessed place to be!

http://www.preacherscorner.org/campzion.htm

2. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I went to Camp Zion once back when Percy Ray was the director. It was
    many years ago.

3. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

My parents were ardent supporters of Camp Zion and personal friends with Bro. Percy Ray in the 1950-60’s. Some of my favorite boyhood memories are of Bro. Ray coming to our house and our attending his tent meetings. I remember sitting on his knee and the great big bears hugs from this great man of God.

One of my favorite stories about Camp Zion is concerning a good friend of mine and his pastor friend who attended one of the camp meetings in the 1960’s. The two were sleeping in upper and lower bunks in the dormitory. When they went to the shower room, my friend left his electric razor on the upper bunk and his pastor friend put his wallet on the lower bunk. Upon returning, both the wallet and electric razor were missing. They told Bro. Percy who was greatly saddened and upset.

In the morning service, Bro. Ray stood before the audience of over a thousand folks and sadly intoned in his deep gravely voice: “This property belongs to the Lord and this is holy ground. An awful, despicable thing has happened here this morning. It is terrible to steal anywhere but it more dreadful to steal in a place dedicated to the Lord. You know who you are and you know what you have done. If this thing is not righted by noon today, I am calling together my deacons and we are going up to Bethel to pray that God will give you a withered hand.”

When my friend and the pastor returned to the dormitory, the razor and wallet were on the bunks. I doubt that the thief wanted to risk God answering Bro. Ray’s prayer.

4. Spoudazo

Spoudazo New Member

Who else? :)