1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

So who likes photography?

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by Jimmy Higgins, Oct 26, 2001.

1. Any waterfall folk in here?

2. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I love photography, and I love waterfalls, too. I wish I had a great camera, but .. .with the cheapos I have, I still come up with good pictures.

3. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SaggyWoman:
    I love photography, and I love waterfalls, too. I wish I had a great camera, but .. .with the cheapos I have, I still come up with good pictures.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well its really cheating if you use a good camera. Its part of the game to get the best shot possible with a normal camera. Thats the most fun of it all. Getting to places very few have got themselves. See any good ones?

4. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I think I have good ones, but I don't have a scanner nor a digital camera.

5. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SaggyWoman:
    I think I have good ones, but I don't have a scanner nor a digital camera.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I mean, where have you been to? What falls have you seen? How much effort do you put into getting unique pictures?

I have some of my pictures online, but this board doesn't want me to post my web address. Sorry. :(

6. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I went to waterfalls in Ukraine while I was there, but didn't have much time to get real unique pictures. The water was cold, though, even in the summer.

In southern Oklahoma, there is a place called Turner Falls, and I have some from there.

Hmmmm. I guess that is all I recall in my recent memory. I am a river and mountain person more, though. And children. I love capturing a picture.

7. Two words. Southern Ontario! From St. Catherines to Bracebridge, you'll find an assortment of waterfalls and waterfall types. Just make sure to visit in the early spring. I had a few dry ones over Labor Day weekend. Drove over 1200 miles on that 3-day trip. Really recommend Decew Falls, Eugenia Falls, Coluquon Falls, and High Falls. The pictures really depend on what you're willing to do to get them. The higher the effort and danger, the better the picture. I don't mind danger myself. Certainly wouldn't take children with me, though. :D

8. Joy

Joy New Member

I've had the worst luck with pictures in the last year or so. :( It seems that everything I take either gets lost or double exposed with someone else's photos. :mad: A lot of them were pictures of the kids too!

If I could see a beautiful waterfall, it would have to be Niagra! It's about 6 hours from where I orininally grew up in CT. That's one you don't want to forget your camera when you see!

I'm an auditory person too, so just hearing a waterfall soothes me. I like listening to tapes or CD's with waterfalls when I'm relaxing or getting to sleep. I love the water!

9. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joy:
    I've had the worst luck with pictures in the last year or so. :( It seems that everything I take either gets lost or double exposed with someone else's photos. :mad: A lot of them were pictures of the kids too!

If I could see a beautiful waterfall, it would have to be Niagra! It's about 6 hours from where I orininally grew up in CT. That's one you don't want to forget your camera when you see!

I'm an auditory person too, so just hearing a waterfall soothes me. I like listening to tapes or CD's with waterfalls when I'm relaxing or getting to sleep. I love the water!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, the rushing water also helps you find the waterfall in some places.

Niagara is a great waterfall, but everyone knows it. The best falls are the lesser known ones or the more difficult to get to ones.

As for people and kids, I really don't like taking pictures of people just standing getting their picture taken. Not much effort required. I love the art of photography. To take a unique situation and capture it on film. And now that you can scan photos and hard drives are large enough for GIF's, you never have to worry about the photo's dying from age.

10. Paul of Eugene

Paul of Eugene New Member

I have a digital camera. I take pictures all the time of folks at church. Then, before the services, I show a few announcement slides - they get twelve seconds each - then the pictures I took the week before, about 30 of them, each getting two seconds each. Then loop back to the announcements. People wind up smiling for the pictures and waiting to see what comes on the screen next Sunday!

11. Grace

Grace New Member

My mom loves photography ( I'm more for candid shots) She took a whole roll of my sister and myelf at the park (she once took a whole roll of the dog).
    Waterfalls...well, I've been to Amicalola falls, and Anna Ruby falls...and there is a waterfall in my swimming pool. Other than that, I guess I've been deprived in the area of waterfalls. :( :D