1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

So why do you American Baptists hate Obama so much?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Onlybygrace, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

If we are all so wrong about it, why did you initially say:

Why did you want God to forgive you? It seems rather strange that you would want God to forgive you for something that you don't think is a sin.

2. historyb

historyb New Member

I will make no more replies I stand by what I say I hate BO and I am justified by Scripture I pray for his Salvation or God's justice to him be done. I will celebrate either way

3. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

God's justice? Are you advocating harm to the President?

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

You present a good summary of obama's policies. That is the primary reason I post as I do about this person, particularly because of his rabid stand advancing the slaughter of babies. I don't know obama personally. If I did I suspect that I would hate him. I am not sure that I would not hate anyone who is a rabid abortionist like obama.

I believe that obama is an evil man. I believe that anyone who has his position on the slaughter of unborn and just born children is evil. I would remind those on this Forum who castigate anyone who indicate their hatred of obama what Scripture says about evil.

Romans 12:9 Abhor that which is evil.

#64 OldRegular, Apr 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2009
  5. historyb

historyb New Member

Whatever God wants to do.

6. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

In no way does the Bible tell us to hate anyone. The Bible tells us to love our neighbors and even our enemies. We don't have to love their sin, however. That doesn't mean to hate them. Please show me in the New Testament says otherwise.

7. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Romans 12:9 Abhor that which is evil.

8. historyb

historyb New Member

It is very interesting the rejection of the OT by many

9. matt wade

Yes...this means to hate the sin. It is not speaking of the sinner. Later in the same chapter we are told:

and

10. matt wade

I haven't seen anyone reject the OT here. I fully understand that the verses in the OT exist and they were applicable at the time. Since the OT, Jesus came to this earth and we have His recorded words in Matthew that say:

Why do you continually ignore those verses?

11. historyb

historyb New Member

Christ didn't get rid of the OT, I think some wish He did. What is in the OT is just as valid as the NT, unless of course you would like to say God changed His mind. There is a conflict because God is the same, I will continue how I do you may continue how you do. Good Day Sir.

12. matt wade

You go ahead and continue how you do then. Since you want to completely follow the OT, let me know when your able to follow all of the law to get yourself into heaven. Personally, I'll follow what Jesus told us in the NT and place my faith in Him.

And you still haven't answered why you initially said, "may God forgive me". Why ask for forgiveness of something that isn't a sin?

13. historyb

historyb New Member

Because I didn't think my hate was justified because I was listening to cowardly Christians. It's not working my way to Heaven, I can surmise from this that you hold a heretical view that God changes His mind. How sad indeed, one can not be a Christian without accepting both Testaments.

14. matt wade

So now I'm a heretic because I think what Jesus said as recorded in Matthew is true? That's interesting. What does it make you since you reject His words? If it makes me a heretic to believe them, it must make you righteous to reject them, right?

Looks like your last statement is inferring that I'm not a Christian as well. Well, obviously if I'm a heretic I can't be a Christian, so you must be right!

Listen, kid, why don't you grow up and stop calling peoples names. I see you in multiple threads losing the debate and you resort to name calling. It's tiresome and childish.

A couple of times you've said you are done here in this thread. So, why don't you stop? You've said "Good Day Sir" like you were going to leave and we should stop talking, but I guess it was a Willy Wonka "Good Day Sir" where you were really just looking for me to apologize and give something back to you. Well, I'm not going to apologize for standing up for God's Word. Your sinning by having hate in your heart. That's a problem between you and God and you need to ask his forgiveness (as you initially, and correctly, thought you should do). I guess I'm just one of those "cowardly Christians", however, that thinks we should beg forgiveness from God.

#74 matt wade, May 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2009
  15. historyb

historyb New Member

Look don't you be presuming what to tell me. Your the one that does not follow the whole council of God, rather preferring a feel good attitude to the truth.

16. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

:eek: Dont you realise you sound like an Islamic fundamentalist when you say things like that?

17. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Amen to that. The reason I do not like Obama is the same reason I did not like Bush. They are both self-indulgent, power hungry, liberal thugs that have no interest in serving the American people.

18. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

The poster asked a question.

The question essentially said THESE ARE MY VIEWS, WHAT'S YOURS.

And people answered.

BUT SOME HAVE ANSWERED TO CHALLENGE EACH OTHER..... which is not the purpose of the post.

WHAT IS SIN is how quick we are to turn on each other and condem each other for addressing the post. Whether one is right or wrong is not the point...... the point is did he/her answer honestly in each answer..... WE SHOULD ALL RESPECT OTHERS IN THEIR ANSWERS AS LONG AS THEY ARE ADDRESSING THE OP. This is not the judgement seat of Christ!

FWIW (for what it's worth) I don't hate Obama....... but I don't like his policies and in my opinion he's a liar. (For those who wish to jump on this...... Jesus called Herod a fox, and the religious leaders of his day that they were of this world and he was from above.....when they claimed Abraham as their father.... he frankly told them they were of their father the devil.... the father of lies). He loved, but he was no patsy where sin was concerned and did not patronize sin or the purveyors of sin.

19. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How many people did you stone last Saturday because you saw them working?

20. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The title is a big misleading.

American Baptists in general supported and do not hate Obama. American Baptist is a denomination. When you say Baptist or Baptists in America it covers a lot of territory. There are National Baptists, Southern Baptists, 7th Day Baptists, General Association of Regular Baptists just to name a few.

Many Americans who are Baptist, especially SBC'ers did not support Obama and many of these folk do seem to hate Obama. But you must remember what the S stands for in SBC. This feeling of S is gradually becoming a smaller s as the older generation dies off and the younger generation matures. The old racial prejudices are not nearly as strong in the young as in the elderly. Sadly such prejudice is still alive in some preachers. I had a SBC preacher, who lives in Atlanta, a middle aged fellow, tell me last year that he would never ride the subway in Atlanta because too many African Americans [he did not use this term] ride the subway. I had ridden the Atlanta subway and found it a great way to get around and from and to the airport.

There is an interesting breakdown of who voted for and against Obama at: http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache...+breakdown+religious&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

#80 Crabtownboy, May 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.