1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sobran: Bush is Out of His Mind

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, May 13, 2006.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, Ken, in conclusion, we can agree that Sobran is nuts on his point that " Bush makes one wonder where religion ends and psychosis begins. Is his foreign policy driven by a conviction that we are in the End Times, and that the Lord has anointed him to lead us? Is it mere accident that many of his remaining supporters believe so?"

That is, Ken, we can say that Sobran is nuts to bring in a theology that cannot be proven that Bush even knows or understands.

And we can say, Ken, that your attack upon Bush has nothing to do with Sobran but has to do with your own idea that the USA has enough military power to establish a world empire. However, that idea of yours, Ken, is open to question as we seem to be unable to end the terror in Iraq or to invade Syria or to attack Iran. Could it be, Ken, that your idea is wrong in that we have already spent so much blood and gold that what we really see is the coming end of US power?

Furthermore, it is certain that the Democrats will cut and run in Iraq as they did in Viet Nam and Korea if they win the elections this year. Then the military power of the USA will end forever because three strikes and you are out.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, we can't say that, cmg. That is the neocons' idea, which I reject.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I do not agree with your conclusion. The neocon idea is not based on theology. But I would not doubt, at this point, that President Bush has been influenced by premillenialists/dispensationalists and this helped to make him amenable to the neocon scheme.

4. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All that is lacking then, Ken, is proof and your theory will be dominant. However, I think that the Bush policy towards Israel proves that your theory is false because Bush wants to establish a Palestinian state. Sobran is nuts on this point.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Disagreeing with you, cmg, does not make one nuts. [​IMG]

6. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

This, as RSR eludes to is not only foolish, but also dangerous thinking.

Yes!
    </font>[/QUOTE]And how so? Please explain, in detail. Standing by for your powerpoint presentation on it. :D

7. emeraldctyangel

Ah, a true statement that cuts straight to the heart of it. THANK YOU.

8. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

This, as RSR eludes to is not only foolish, but also dangerous thinking.

Yes!
    </font>[/QUOTE]And how so? Please explain, in detail. Standing by for your powerpoint presentation on it. :D
    </font>[/QUOTE]It is naive and presumptive for a person to think that they know exactly what God's will is in every instance of their life. I find it even more disturbing when this person confirms this belief with the statement, "God told me (fill in the blank}," as though there is no possibility that they could be mistaken.

9. emeraldctyangel

Ah, but I never said that. Nice try to pin the zealous rantings of others on the conservative faithful.

Read it again.
    "Im absolutely sure that God has written my life platform. I do my very best to keep on the side of the light. I make decisions every day and know that those decisions can have a profound impact on someone's life. It is just the nature of what I do. With each step, I pray that I stay close to God and do what He wants."

I carry a weapon. When I am armed up, I dont waive it around and act like I have absolute power. I dont force innocent by standers to the ground because they look at me funny. Even in circumstances when some awful heinous bodily fluids are tossed towards me, I dont kill someone over it. I do my best to forgive. It gets very hard if the stain doesnt come out though (gallows humor). I believe that this is the way God wants me to be.

Are you still disturbed?

10. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member