1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Sola Scriptura in the Bible

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by BobRyan, Apr 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    True of their origins - they both begin as Catholic - then they become "protesting Catholics".

That does not mean that all Catholics protested -- as we both agree.

That is true - we did not include her writings in the NT canon. Which means that as far as the Bible NT text is concerned - we have the same text.

Neither can NT prophets like Anna, Agabus, Philips 4 daughters, all those in 1Cor 14 where "each one has a revelation" when they come to church. It is not "shoving them in a closet" to have the 27 books of the NT that don't include their writings.

What does the Bible say about the inspiration and authority of a prophet in 1Cor 12 and Numbers 12:6?

It is not a "rejection of sola scriptura" to agree to what the Bible text says about God's prophets.

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not sure what you want from me on that one. Are you saying that IF you had a real prophet in the RCC that had lived in the last 200 years you would have started a thread here on the RCC and would have quoted some of the benefits received through such a modern-day prophetic ministry?

Are you saying that you would have expected that I do such a thing if in fact Ellen White were a real prophet and I was very convinced of that fact?

You mean... like this?? #1 BobRyan, Oct 31, 2015

Read my posts on that thread -- on my thread view it only shows up as one page of posts - but it is not a 100 or 50 page thread in any case. Just 1 or two page length for that thread. That will give you an idea.

3. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Paul used a certain word ---everything became this word to him, as Christ became precious to him.

In my tongue that word Paul used, we call the 'three letter word'. @@@. Now that is what your posts are to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.