1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sola Scriptura

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by mojoala, Aug 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since it is now more than clear that you will not reply to what I have written, all of which is related to sola scriptura, I have no intention on wasting my time here any longer. If you change your mind let me know.

2. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

You can not be Baptist and Holy Roller. You just went to church. You wanted to be spoon fed - go RCC and take your spoon fed weakness with you. But, don't become a priest - they don't need baby Christians - they need mature Christians.

3. mojoala

mojoala New Member

That was not very charitable.

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Can I just address that large C&P about the Baptist abuses? I didn't fully understand what happened in there (I'm being very distracted by fixing dinner and having 4 hungry kids and a hungry hubby) but what was said in the beginning is wrong. In a true Biblical church, there IS accountability. I belong to an independent Baptist church (not an IFB - just independent) and we have a Senior Pastor along with 8 other Associate Pastors. We also have a deacon board and then a congregation. There are things that the congregation need to vote on (passing the budget and allowing new members in are 2 things that I've been involved in) but then there are things that just the pastors deal with and things that the pastors and deacons deal with. We've just had to excommunicate someone and it was not the congregations' business but it was done with the pastors and deacons involved. If there EVER was an issue of abuse anywhere in our church, I promise you - with a VERY big promise - that it would be dealt with swifly, legally and Biblically. There'd be no tucking this away or anything AND the victim would be able to get counselling - either from us or someone else. I can't imagine a true church allowing this to happen. Of course, there are those churches who are NOT Biblical churches and do not follow the Word of God - and if any are in a large organization like the SBC, I would be very disappointed if nothing was done at all.

But then again, what does this have to do with Sola Scriptura?

Ann

5. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

mojoala

If telling you to not take your problems into their priesthood is 'not charitable', then how will you handle conservative Catholics?

You desire charity from others, yet in your midlife crisis, you have spent quite a bit of time blaming Baptists for the ills of your World.

Yes, we do have problems. Let our problems be real Baptist problems and not distorted theological arguments that were settled almost 2,000 years ago. Go. Leave your Baptist problems behind.

Just get settled with your theology before you take this distortion into the priesthood. The Catholic church has enough of their own problems.

6. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

Where's the one on all the barbarism you admitted to? (as well as the rest of Catholic doctrine).
    (and I mentioned before that "the rock that followed" meant that Christ came after Moses, not some tradition that He was actually there walking behind them).

7. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

This is where Peter tells us that simply "having the Pope tell you what to bevieve is totally bogus"!

Peter says it is THE HOLY Spirit that should tell you - NOT the Pope!!

So what does JOHN SAY about this?

John agrees - no having the Pope tell you what to think!!

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Nothing!
    DHK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.