1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Some Bible Colleges Soft on Origins Doctrine

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by bb_baptist, Nov 2, 2001.

1. bb_baptist

bb_baptist New Member

You might be surprised to learn that some Christian colleges are teaching students the concept of "theistic evolution."

Experts say theistic evolution is showing up in a growing number of Christian colleges.

For example, Wheaton College in Wheaton, Ill., recently invited a guest speaker from Kansas State University to lecture on the topic. And Calvin College in Grand Rapids, Mich., also presents biology and geology from that point of view.

Experts also recommend taking a long look at the school catalog for course descriptions. Another approach is to enter the names of professors in a Web search engine and see what they've written. Checking out the student newspaper for discussions on evolution is also suggested.

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I was considering colleges (early 1960's) I ruled out Wheaton THEN for its theistic evolution position. I was afraid it would taint the whole school that had been a very good ministerial training grounds.

It has. I believe there is a relationship in the new evangelical approach that deifies scholarship, questions inspiration, and dialogs with liberals and neo-orthodox and the position on origins.

I would not recommend a Baptist attending Wheaton. And it is host to the Billy Graham Center for ecumenical pseudo-Evangelism (italics show my slight bias).

3. Chick Daniels

Chick Daniels Member

Dr. Bob,

I thought that the Billy Graham Center was at Southern Seminary? Or are there two?

Chick