1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Some "food for thought" for the Calvinists

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Alive in Christ, May 4, 2011.

1. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Osage...

I have ABSOLUTELY no doubt about that!

2. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Oh, no. You have a long way to go!

3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our dilemma in our search for truth is that once we file something in our mind as truth, it is very difficult to pull it out and reexamine it. And if a person tends to be defensive, unable to accept criticism, they react to evidence against their beliefs as a personal attack on their character and qualifications.

And there is some scriptural support for sticking with what we believed when we trusted in Christ. Recall Paul's admonition, if someone presents another gospel, reject that non-gospel and reject that person.

So even though it is tempting to think of most Calvinists as misguided cool-aid drinkers, such views are fundamentally ungodly. I think the media - discussion over the internet - lends to dishing and disrespecting the views of others, and actually encourages responses like "fat chance."

All we can do is present as clearly and as respectfully as we can our view of the truth. The Bible says its word does not return void, so perhaps down the road, and unknown to us, someone who has not fallen into the snare, will watch his step and avoid assuming what was thought true hundreds of years ago, actually reflects what was taught thousands of years ago.

God Bless

4. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Took the words right off my keyboard.

But I'll chime in anyway:

Theology is futile? This way of thinking is killing our churches, weakening our faith, and exposing believers to Satanic attacks.

By the way, you could replace Calvinism with Arminianism and almost everything he says would still be applicable. Or any other "ism" would work, too.