1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Some Interesting Thoughts From the Religious Right

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Nov 10, 2006.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Yes, and as long as Americans are soft and lazy, they will get what they deserve, a democrat or a republican.

2. ehaase

ehaase New Member

Most of us Christian turned Republican starting with the 1980 elections and the formation of the Moral Majority. After the Republicans having the White House for 18 years, the House for 12 years, and the Senate for 17 years, abortion is still legal. I agree with those who call for Christians to take a fast from politics. For the first time in my life, I did not vote this year, and I may not bother in 2008.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does this mean you have given up complaining about anything Congress or the President do that doesn't make you happy as well?

4. ehaase

ehaase New Member

Yes, I complain very little about politics now. I don't get worked up about Hillary Clinton or Al Gore possibly becoming President in 2008, and I am not the least bit upset about the Democrats winning both houses of Congress. Things aren't going to get better and probably will get much worse until Jesus returns. As a Christian, my duty is render unto Caesar what is Caesar's and to obey Romans 13:1-7.

5. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Not only as a Christian but as one of Caeser's collection agents.

If you dont they will know where to find you. :laugh:

6. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

Why not vote for the best candidate rather than a party line?

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by carpro
    Does this mean you have given up complaining about anything Congress or the President do that doesn't make you happy as well?

:thumbsup: Just wanted to be sure.

I'm thinking the politics forum probably won't be much fun for you.:smilewinkgrin:

8. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

I vote by candidate and never the party line. In the last election I voted for 2 Dems, 3 or 4 Constitution partys, and a bunch of Repubs.

I would vote for a conservative Dem over a Liberal Repub any day. I am a conservative not a Republican.

9. Bluefalcon

Bluefalcon Member

Hey Deej, I actually changed my registration to Const. Party last year, so I can't vote in the primaries anymore like my wife, who is totally against "throwing away your vote." But until things change, I still think the only way to show disfavor is by one's vote. The Repubs will kiss up for your conservative vote and then buddy up with the gays and pro-choice and beer and big oil industries, then spend quatrillions of dollars over the budget or tax-income. I sick of voting for that kind of non-principled -- or should I say deceitful -- stance. For the most part politicians are all a bunch of lying cheats anyway unless they are proven born-again believers.

10. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

My situation may be a bit different. In Utah a Republican is going to win. I want to vote in the primarys so I can have a say in who the Republican is going to be. My vote in the primarys is a lot more valuable then the vote in the general election. And like I say (with a few exceptions) the winner of the Repub primary will be the winner of the general election.

So I will vote for who I think is the best canidate. But I have to stay regestered a Repub so I can have a say in what Repub runs and will win. No other party has primarys in Utah because there are not enough canidates for 2 to be running for the same spot in most seats.

A lot of Dems here change their party for the primary then change it back the next day so they can vote.