1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Some Non-Believers Are KJV Only

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Rippon, Jul 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

2. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Your thread, “Some Non-Believers Are KJV Only” is because they received some negative comments from some defenders of the KJV against modern versions. Many unbelievers will question you some problems with modern versions because they see much difference between these modern versions and the KJV. Are those unbelievers satisfied? Absolutely not. Did they look for the TRUTH? Yes, they did because they are Bible rejecters. That is why you called them, “non-believers.”

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I've encountered many non-believers who are KJVO, and some rather liberal believers who are as well. Also, some very racist and warped, perverse professing "Christians" who are probably about as saved as a cinder block have been staunch KJVO advocates.

However, this is not germane to the translation discussion at all. I don't believe there is anything inherent in KJVO that makes someone atheist, racist, liberal, etc. I personally believe this thread has no business continuing.

4. sag38

sag38 Active Member

This thread lines up with the unicorn thread. So, I should be KJV only because of a mutated deer and now because of the opinion of an athiest. Please keep up the good work. I need a good laugh from time to time.

5. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Regenerate and unregenerate KJVO people are equally uninformed on some of the same issues.

6. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed, wholeheartedly.

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I have to agree - I see only trouble

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.