1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Some of the best Conditional “IF” Statements in the NT

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Samuels, Dec 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you Pentacostal then? Charasmatic? Just trying to get your frame of reference!

2. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are pretty rude, man. How is that brotherly or charitable??? You do realize holiness ISN'T about just external actions but also exhibiting Fruit of the Spirit???

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ALL of us here believe that we are saved by Grace alone/faith alone, do you?

4. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's easy to say, "I don't steal, murder, commit adultery..." it's easy to stop sinning in that area, but how about your attitude? Thoughts and intents that people can't see? There is this flood of people on this board that do NOT exhibit Love, Longsuffering, Goodness, Gentleness, Meekness, etc. I'll call them out..."Samuels" "heirofsalvation""utilyan"....You guys are Rude, sarcastic, and to be honest, just ungodly in your approach to internet conversations. Your posts reek of pride and arrogance. You are modern day pharisees. yet you talk about how easy it is to be holy when you are wallowing in a bunch of sin. You seek to cause division. There is strife in every single post you guys make. You guys shout how easy it is to be Holy yet you do not exhibit Christ's character.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No one represents the opinion of this forum. As you have probably noted there are in fact many views here. Insofar as the forum goes, it is a place where we can discuss what we have in common as well as our differences under the understanding and respect we are joint heirs of one Father.

Each of us represents our own opinions.

I agree, BTW, that righteous behavior accompanies righteousness. I disagree with your interpretation that this calling we have been discussing is directed specifically to pastors.

#85 JonC, Dec 28, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  6. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's see. Christ said they "shall NEVER perish."

HeirofSalvation says: "They might."

Now, who is telling the truth? I know! I know! Christ, Who cannot lie! Titus 1:2 versus HeirofSalvation, who can. Romans 3:4.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think Jude agrees with you!

24 To him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy— 25 to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen

• Like Like x 1
  8. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Well I think your a nice guy brought up a particular way, with particular understanding.

By God's grace I'm not in your shoes and I probably could not do a better job then you do.

My arguments against what you believe might come off as rude/sarcastic/ ungodly after all they assault the very core of what we should hold as our highest priority.

So your defense of God even misplaced I feel is commendable and always honored by it.

I think you need to relax a bit. I've been debating for like twenty years. Things can get heated up and what you READ and what you THINK you read can be two differ things.

That's the thing of about addressing character I don't mind being the devil or taking the mantle of the epitome of Evil.

But lets clear that part between us right away and get back to the points being argued.

If I'm evil, rude, sarcastic, ect. why don't you leave the accusations to me?

Point out where I insult you or accuse you of being "evil".

Being Catholic on a Baptist board that is not an easy thing. If I followed your standard they would have put me away months ago.

I might make what you say sounds silly, but I won't say that "you are silly". Kinda like hate the sin not the sinner.

I might say you have to be dumb to think this, but I don't say "your dumb".

People read things between the lines, if someone reads ill-will they got me wrong.

9. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So many things to address in this response lol

First, you don't know how i was brought up or what i have been taught so how you approach people/topics are based off of assumptions.

Secondly, where have i called you evil?

Thirdly, I'm not "reading into" anything. When you say, If you believe this you must be dumb, you are saying "you are dumb." Please don't insult my intelligence.

Fourthly, You scream about how holy and loving you are and how much you love God and how easy it is yet you don't even exhibit self control, which is a fruit of Godliness, a Fruit of Love.

Fifth, You don't even discuss scriptures. You RANT. And you base majority of your arguments on human logic and earthly wisdom.

Lastly, Don't you understand that the very "doctrine" that you promote should be backed up with a Character that exemplifies what you are teaching? For saying, "All it takes is love and obedience to make it to heaven," you sure lack in the love area.

10. utilyan

Site Supporter

"First, you don't know how i was brought up or what i have been taught so how you approach people/topics are based off of assumptions."

I'm saying in matters of faith obviously we are brought up obviously with differ understanding of scripture.

It is an assumption, I'd say a safe bet too.

"Secondly, where have i called you evil?"
    "You guys are Rude, sarcastic, and to be honest, just ungodly"

"
    "Thirdly, I'm not "reading into" anything. When you say, If you believe this you must be dumb, you are saying "you are dumb." Please don't insult my intelligence. '

You just assumed up there in "First, " That some how I laid claim to know how your were brought up. When it has absolutely nothing to do with that.

One would have to be a few cans short of reading comprehension to get that wrong.

"Fourthly, You scream about how holy and loving you are and how much you love God and how easy it is yet you don't even exhibit self control, which is a fruit of Godliness, a Fruit of Love."

We are typing, there is no screaming. We have full capacity to not sin, God has provided all means needed, when I sin, it is MY FAULT, not God's. No Excuses.

1 Corinthians 10
    13No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.

If I'm doing you wrong its my fault. But if your doing me wrong......well its because God hasn't provided you with the sufficient grace to not sin.

"Fifth, You don't even discuss scriptures. You RANT. And you base majority of your arguments on human logic and earthly wisdom. "

I bet I can count back your posts......you provide no scripture whatsoever.

You even get one from me now!

1 Corinthians 10
    13No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.

Instead of explaining it you rather attack character.

"Lastly, Don't you understand that the very "doctrine" that you promote should be backed up with a Character that exemplifies what you are teaching? For saying, "All it takes is love and obedience to make it to heaven," you sure lack in the love area."

It almost sounds like your saying I should be DOING something RIGHT.

"All it takes is love and obedience to make it to heaven,"

That's a neat quote. I'll have to ponder it. Too bad I never said.

Maybe you can show all of us where I SAID exactly that.

YOU ARE READING INTO IT. And if your IDEA of God wasn't such a terror you wouldn't be trying to paint stuff out that is not there.

This might be a shock to you, I never want you to change your faith. Your doctrine as horrible as you think I make it out to be can work.

But I don't believe you believe what you SAY you believe.

I don't think you ever sat down and contemplated what your saying. I think you just got by with telling people what they want to hear.

11. Samuels

Samuels Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That's a fair question ... answer: both.
    The baptism with the Holy Spirit (mentioned by John the Baptist in all 4 Gospels)
    is none other than a special anointing given by Jesus Himself to some chosen believers
    ... for some particular ministry (such as the extremely vital "intercessory prayer").
    These people are the only ones who are given one or more of
    the 9 spiritual power gifts listed in 1 Cor 12.

Is this okay with you so far?

12. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I grew up Roman Catholic and Went to St. Matthew's Catholic School in Philadelphia, Pa. I'm 32 and have been reading the bible for myself for 6 years (Since i've been saved). Why is it we differ so much then?

I'm not going to address the rest of your statements, we will just continue on :)

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not really, as the Bible does NOT teach any second act of Grace, never commanded to seek the Baptism in HS, as that was done to all in Christ by Him when born again, but commanded to be filled with the Spirit!
    And no more sign giftsi n operation today!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where does it state that God needs perfect obedience to save us then?

15. Samuels

Samuels Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Actually, it is a factoid that you HAVE seen the verses in Acts
    which teach this very thing ... but you have chosen to reject them.

And, of course, nowhere does it say that this baptism and these gifts have ceased.

Of course, since Jesus chooses who He will give these things to,
    why would He be commanding everyone to pursue them?

However, if you are interested, you might wish to consider:
    Matthew 7:7-11, and also the persistent widow.

If you are OPEN, perhaps he will relent and decide to powerfully use you.

16. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Fact: Calling Christ a "liar" would be a ban-worthy and inexcusable offense.
    That's a fact.

Fact: You claimed quite publicly that someone who disagrees with you Theologically "Called Christ a liar".

You have yet to post where anyone called Christ a "liar":

No one has been banned for it...not one judged for that crime...why?????????????
    Because it never happened and you know it never happened.

That's an horrific accusation...you throw it against the wall like pasta to see if it sticks, and no one calls you on it.

They don't call you on it, because they are afraid to challenge your status as an Administrator, and also because your debate tactics are to act like a bully and to kow everyone who disagrees with you into obeisance.........
    It usually works.
    And Baptist Board won't want to admit that making you an Administrator was (excepting the fall) perhaps the stupidest decision ever made by man.

That false accusation is vile, it is a lie.

You told that lie.

You are without a doubt demonstrably and provably a false accuser of the brethren.
    You've done it here, no one will call you on it.

That makes me sick,
    It makes the decent members of this board sick.
    It makes God sick.

What you are doing is disgusting.

#96 HeirofSalvation, Dec 29, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are NO verses in NT to support that we are to seek the "Baptism in HolySpiit", but commanded to seek the infilling from Him!

And we have NONE today gifted to heal and do miracles as Apostles did, do we?

Before becoming a Baptist, was trained at AOG institute, and wasa teaching Elder, so knoe of what I speak!

18. utilyan

Site Supporter

Conditions to save you doesn't matter if anything you have to be in the wrong to be saved. You don't call a fireman to your house when everything is just fine to save you. You call them in emergency when your house is on fire.

Paul example had no faith, did no works, Yet God patiently intervenes out of mercy.

I'm not saying you can buy salvation by paying up for it.

I'm cutting to the chase that only those of perfect obedience and without sin are only allowed in heaven.

In other words the question whether you have to stop sinning is a done deal, no sin enters heaven.

Between now and heaven you will stop sinning. Its not a question of will you, only WHEN.

If I remember right you don't believe in free will. MB and Jon do.

HERE your free-will friends have a problem. A Calvinist can say well somewhere at the end God flicks a switch, turns a knob and like a good robot he stops sinning. But the free will camp can't have it that way, else they never had free will.

That's why I point to them their ability to stop sinning. I believe you have free will to stop sinning and when we do sin it is OUR FAULT. It is not because the sky is blue, because God didn't turn the right knob, or because God didn't give enough grace. I believe when you do sin its because you wanted to sin.

I don't sin and say, well I'm human. I don't steal and say well God has not given me the grace to be a better person. Its God's fault if he didn't want me to sin he would have given me the capacity not to sin.

That's where I point to scripture 1 Corinthians 10.
    God gives everyone the capacity to not sin. When they don't do it, that's their fault. Not because they lacked something.

They don't want to admit that they sin because it is their fault. Instead that they sin because God only provided a sin nature. In short God made them do it.

James 1 God doesn't cause you to do evil and God is not evil.

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We all have sin natures, and cannot ever get to sinless perfection!
    Good works show that we re now saved, NOT part of getting saved!

20. utilyan

Site Supporter

With GOD nothing is impossible. Before the fall ADAM and EVE were sinless.

All you have to do is tell me there is SINNING in heaven and you win your argument.

Your squirming around this issue.

TELL me you can sin in heaven and you win.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.