1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Some of the best Conditional “IF” Statements in the NT

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Samuels, Dec 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm dead, I'm hid with Christ in God. Sin no longer has affects on my eternal state.

How can you charge a dead man?

2. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Sin isn't a perk that's priced with a punishment. Punishments are there for correction. Sin itself is hell. Every sin hates God.

Romans 6

1What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? 3Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: 6Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. 7For he that is dead is freed from sin.

I'm free from lighting my foot on fire, I should not light my foot on fire, And so far I have not lit my foot on fire. But I could light my foot on fire.

Same goes for sin. Your free from sin, should not sin. but still could.

All of romans 6 echoes the theme:

12Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

13Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. 14For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Wow he's saying what I'm saying, don't sin.

He says don't yield your members as instruments of unrighteousness. He's saying you could.

No body tells you don't take a bath with a crocodile, because most folks assume you don't have a crocodile.

So there is a reason he particularly warns not to allow your members serve the devil because you do have the power to have that happen.

Your looking at this saying I'm not going to get in trouble for sinning. Sinning is the trouble.

A selfish person thinks oh no I'm going to JAIL for murdering all those women and children.

A saint points at the horror of murdering women and children.

Jail time is not the problem here. Avoidance of jail time is not the issue, is just a tool.

When you MAKE IT, "safe home" , heaven ect. THERE is NO SIN.

So for anyone to say they don't have to stop sinning to be saved is a joke.

Any immortality, power, treasure, money, eternal life I would rather trade it all to not sin, love God for even just 5 minutes.

We don't weigh things on the equation of what is in it for me. If God commands eat a banana I don't stop to think, ok is this going to save me or give eternal life? Ok is this going to earn me money? what is in it for me?

I don't do that, his command IS LIFE. One has to break out that selfish mold.
    We don't stay harping on whether God is going to shoot you or not, damn you or not, hurt you or not.

Fact God could command me to do something that would mean my total doom and he will get it in heart beat. forfeit of all eternal life, all reward, ect.

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IF you can ALWAYS be submitted to will of God and inilled and ruled by the Spirit would never sin aginst God, but NONE sav Jesus could ever not sin!
    Do you tink God requiresus to get to a sinless state before can get saved, or to keep saved?

4. utilyan

Site Supporter

I'm going to let you define saved any crazy way you want.

But listen here one must be in a sinless state to enter HEAVEN!

Revelations 21

22I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23And the city has no need of the sun or of the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God has illumined it, and its lamp is the Lamb. 24The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their glory into it. 25In the daytime (for there will be no night there) its gates will never be closed; 26and they will bring the glory and the honor of the nations into it; 27and nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.

God has provided every means for you never to sin forever again, so when you sin its YOUR FAULT not God's ,correct?

You want to blame God is your problem. You say its impossible to stop sinning. You can stop sinning right now and forever the only reason you don't is because you don't want it.

You always give God excuses, I sin because God gave me sin nature, I sin because God gives me no grace, Jesus Christ is a horrible teacher who can't teach anyone not to sin.

Let me hear you say when you sin it is YOUR FAULT not God's.

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God already sees me in a sinless state, its called being justifed by Jesus, and in Him!
    That is my state with God now, butI need to keep maturing into image of Jesus, and once resurrected, will have complete sinless perfection!

6. utilyan

Site Supporter

NOPE.

God is not a pretender.

I'm telling you what Paul is telling you, STOP SINNING.

Romans 6

15What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Stop Sinning.

1 john 2

1My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Stop Sinning.

1 john 2

3And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 4He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. 6He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

Stop Sinning.

Not only do you not believe in Jesus, You don't even KNOW Jesus unless you keep the commandments.

When have we heard you tell others stop sinning or follow the commandments?

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When did yo stop your sinning?

8. utilyan

Site Supporter

All the time.

Are you asking Paul?

Romans 6
    15What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Are you asking John?

1 john 2

1My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

-->these things write I unto you, that ye sin not<--

You can bring my accuser right now, We can have judgment day right now I will smile through the whole thing.

People look for license to sin so they can excuse themselves and keep doing the evil they enjoy. Divorce? A molestor? a bully? a thief? a liar?

Galatians 5
    19Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, 21envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Galatians 5

. 4You have been severed from Christ,

How do you get cut off from the BODY of Christ? If you say it was never part of the body?

Well obviously Paul is not a Baptist nor a Calvinist. Cause if he was there is no getting "cut off" something your never part of.

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul and John agree with me that a real Chrsitian should not delight and desire to sin, but disagree with you that we can stop all sinning!

10. utilyan

Site Supporter

Well I know I can, Because my Teacher is Jesus Christ. I heard he's good. Maybe you should trade your zero track record teacher.

You know what you call a teacher who can't teach anyone to do things right? Stupid.

God is not stupid.

Yeshua you can stop sinning today for ever and ever. God has provided every means for you to not sinning.

This debate would be easier if you were to claim God has NOT provided you with every means not to sin.

There is not a wall or barrier stopping you from NOT sinning.

Consider this:

ON COMMAND if Jesus commands a cripple man to walk.......do you think he will walk?

Yet ON COMMAND Jesus commands that you not SIN........how do you figure he will sin?

You WILL stop sinning, First you have to crawl to walk. You can start by getting rid of the sin of not having faith in the command of Christ.

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Except that He has not yet removed my sin nature, as tt takes Second Coming!
    Except for Jesus, who else was sinless, you?

12. utilyan

Site Supporter

So your saying the reason you sin is God's fault for not removing sin nature?

When I sin its not because sin nature, It is because it is my fault.

I'm showing you scripture that God provides all means for you not to sin. I'm showing you scripture that with God NOTHING is impossible.

When are you going to show us scripture?

1 Corinthians 10

13No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.

James 1
    13Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, and He Himself does not tempt anyone.

This means God does not impose anything on you to even TEMPT you to sin let alone force you.

The problem is you don't want to repent and say its only your fault when you sin, You rather blame God for not fixing your "sin nature".

13. utilyan

Site Supporter

ON COMMAND if Jesus commands a cripple man to walk.......do you think he will walk?
    Yet ON COMMAND Jesus commands that you not SIN........how do you figure he will sin?

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He will not command me not to sin, as I still have "free will" to choose to obey him or not....
    The Spirit is willingthat I not sin, but my flesh is weak!

15. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six Hour Warning

This thread will be closed sometime after 4 am Pacific.

16. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    At what age did you stop sinning?

17. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.