1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

some questions about Ron Paul

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Chessic, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

I am biased in many ways towards a conservative. But that doesn't blind me towards seeing and speaking the truth. I would love to see someone like Ron Paul electable, in spite of my disagreements with him in some areas. But that doesn't mean that he always makes sense when he talks. Like most people who speak frequently in public, you say some stupid sounding things. That's not political bias. Its common sense.

#101 Pastor Larry, Dec 27, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2007
  2. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

Thank you. :) That puts this statement in context:

3. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

That statement was never out of context.

What is up with you, Ivon?

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

All foreign aid is unconstitutional. LIke Ken said.

Foreign aid has to be related to the national defense of this country. If it doesn't meet that criteria it is according to the "law of the land" unlawful.

If we ignore one section of the "law of the land" then we might as well ignore the whole thing. The latest figures I have seen on private charity from the USA to other nations exceeds the federal foreign aid by four fold. If Americans were not coerced and intimidated (robbed) out of so much money that the state uses to buy friends and arm enemies think how much more generous we'd be able to be. Not to mention how much more prosperous we as a nation and individuals would be if we got to keep our own property.

#104 poncho, Dec 27, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2007