1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Some say John The Baptist - Messiah???

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Rev. Lowery, Jan 12, 2006.

1. Rev. Lowery

Rev. Lowery New Member

I ran across this website that claims John The Baptist is the Messiah and Jesus is not just wondering if anyone else has heard of this. If you would like to take a look heres the link.

Just really goes to show you what Satan can do with scripture in the hands of the lost.

http://www.geocities.com/true_christ/

2. bmerr

bmerr New Member

Mr. Lowery,

bmerr here. Pretty bizzare! I've heard a lot of strange teachings, but this is the first I've heard of anyone upholding John the Baptist as the Christ. In their devotion to John, it seems as though they've ignored Johns' own words in his denial that he was the Christ.

I guess for some it's "anyone but Jesus!"

In Christ (you know, the Messiah),

bmerr

3. larry9179

larry9179 New Member

What isn't taught much is that John the Baptist should have been the High Priest during the time of Jesus' ministry. John's father, Zacharias, was a priest at the time that Mary conceived. Zacharias' wife Elizabeth was a descendant of Aaron, the first High Priest. Ciaphas became High Priest because he was appointed by the Roman government, not because he was next in line.

Perhaps this is why John went to the wilderness, so that he could proclaim the Messiah there if the Jewish leaders wouldn't do it in Jerusalem. The people would follow John into the Wilderness because they wanted to hear what he had to say and because it wasn't being said in the temple. John knew he wasn't the Messiah, and at one point he wasn't so sure Jesus was; but when it came time to step aside so that Jesus' popularity would grow, John made the right decision.

4. Rev. Lowery

Rev. Lowery New Member

I gues what upsets me most though is that when you type in

True Christ Ministries in most search engines his site is #1

Then its another geocities site based on Jesus

Then its True Christ Ministries the church I pastors website. It doesnt bother me that our site is #3 just that a site that not Christ based is #1 .....At least its 2 to 1 go Jesus.

5. mountainrun

mountainrun New Member

When I clicked on it, an ad with a girl in a halter top popped up, too!!

MR

6. wopik

wopik New Member

in Paul's day, some said the resurrection had already take place. Paul corrected that false-hood.

every era has their losers!