1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Some Things CHS Said About Calvin etc.

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Rippon, Sep 11, 2007.

1. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Personally speaking psalms,

I would love for God to open the door one day for my wife and I to go to Ireland and help start a contemporary oriented church to perhaps reach and touch some of the younger generation who have become so secularized and apathetic to all things God.

2. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Praise God if He opens that door!

Was people really getting murdered for speaking against John Calvin for heresy?

How can anyone grow and mature on their own, if you are being dictated what to believe and have fear for their life if you don't believe that way?

#22 psalms109:31, Dec 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2010
  3. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

In my current church, we have all "flavors", in fact, my best friend is quite "reformed", but we have a wonderful friendship and great mutual respect for one another.

4. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

We are to love our brothers and sisters and even strangers or we are no better than the murders of old.

5. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

You know, these statements are more ardently supportive of Calvin than ANYTHING I have EVER said ANYWHERE.

Yet, I, like Spurgeon, do not by any means worship this man. He had feet of clay. And his doctrines were not HIS doctrines- they were biblical.

All Calvin did was bring the Church out of the darkness of the Roman Catholic man centered system and BACK to the Scripture. He never called it Calvinism.

I think it is trashy to accuse someone of worshiping Calvin just because they express appreciation for his great contributions.

But if someone is going to accuse me of it- let it be known that the Prince of Preachers supported him more than me. Call him an idolator. Be consistent.

God bless! And thanks for this good work. I will copy and paste and save these remarks. They will be useful in the future I am sure.