1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Something Bad happened. Was I right?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Marco, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Sularis

Sularis Member

Actually its interesting when I was taking some Law courses - I actually ran across several cases where the burglar being injured during the attempt of burglary successfully sued the homeowner.

it almost seems legally its better to kill em - then to wound em.

2. SAMPLEWOW

SAMPLEWOW New Member

Everything these people have said I agree with .You did the write thing. [​IMG]

3. Rachel

Rachel New Member

I agree! [​IMG]

4. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Marco---it sounds like the dude broke (1) into the WRONG house--ending up with broken wrist and fingers and a bruised chest

(2) into the RIGHT house---and not into mine because a broken wrist and a few fingers would have been the LEAST of the Coroner's worries to figure out!!! It would have been more like---which bone did he NOT break and which shotgun slug was NOT used and which rifle was NOT fired in that general direction!! [​IMG] [​IMG] :eek:

Your anxiousness is expected, really! Truthfully--you have been traumitized and trespassed upon and I believe your actions were appropriate!!! [​IMG]

Blackbird

5. Michaelt

Michaelt Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Very well, if you put in this this tone, then I could see the validity of it. Your former post sounded like you wanted the children to see how "big and bad" and tough daddy was.....easy misconception.

And yes, I have children, and to answer the next question, yes I would do anything in my power to protect them.

6. baptistcross

baptistcross Guest

Marco. ***Bad choice of words edited*** That never happened. You know I would really like people to consider what a story this is. I think you've seen to many movies and this is a baptist board. **Bad choice of words edited** I am so mad and I am sorry to have to say it this way. Please tell the truth and pray to God for this sin.

[ November 21, 2005, 06:27 AM: Message edited by: blackbird ]

7. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe Marco completely. This kind of thing happens all the time. Why wouldn't it happen to him?

You've been rude, Baptist Cross.

8. bruren777

bruren777 New Member

Hey Baptist Cross,
    You are passing judgement on a Brother. How do you know anything about Marco? Seems like everyone believes him, but you. You have managed to alienate a lot of people on this board
    in the short time you've been here.

9. Marco

Marco Guest

I wish it was a lie. I wish the guy was fine and this never happened. **Bad choice of words removed** It's no laughing matter and I pray you never have to face such a situation. Okay, I apologize for calling you a jerk but what's with you? I don't need this. Take care all and talk to you when things are better. Peace and love. God Bless.

[ November 21, 2005, 06:29 AM: Message edited by: blackbird ]

10. Glory-to-God

Glory-to-God Guest

You are right Marco he is a jerk ! Read his 13 post all derogatory and mean spirited...nothing Christ like about this guy ! I think Dr. Bob took care of him.

11. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Marco,

I think you did just fine. In afterthoughts once you’ve calmed down from the heat of the moment it’s always easy to find a better way you could have handled something. We’re all human.

For a quick parallel example:
    Not too long after starting a relationship with the Lord I was taking my kids to “Toys-R-Us” it was their birthdays, which are close together, and I told them they could pick out anything they wanted from the store. I had pumped them up for this event and they were really excited when we got there and when we got out of the truck they started running for the door. Just then some guy came scrawling around the corner racing his car and spinning his tires right across the front of the store, I ran and stopped my kids about 4 or 5 feet away from getting run over. This shook me up and I yelled to the guy to SLOW DOWN!!! Well he hit the brake, stopped, and gave me the finger. A quick rather embarrassing and shameful confession of my past; I lived a violent youth, probably 20 or more street brawls, but hadn’t fought in about 12 years. Anyway I lost my control, told my kids to stay put and started charging up to the car; I had no intention of asking questions or taking prisoners, this guy had just about killed my kids and then challenged me while I was in a state of shock. This greasy guy had long hair and I already knew what I wanted to get a hold of the second I got there.

Thank God the guy took off just as I was getting to the car!

Here’s the afterthought:

The guy probably never saw the kids or realized what he had done until he looked back and saw me coming. His window was down and I shouted right in it probably scaring the heck out of him is why he stopped. I never should have let my kids run in the parking lot in the first place. My kids would have witnessed the greatest Daddy in the world become a brutal monster, a great memory turned into a nightmare. I went into the store and tears started streamed down my face for what almost happened in all the excitement of the moment. Yeah, the guy was very irresponsible in what he did but I sure saw things different a few moments later.

12. SAMPLEWOW

SAMPLEWOW New Member

WOW!You people need to go to bed ,read your bible , and ask God to forgive you for being just plain mean.

13. bruren777

bruren777 New Member

SAMPLEWOW, did you read what Marco posted?
    Did you read what Baptist Cross posted?

You better go back and read the posts before you make judgements.

Marco has been here longer than Baptist Cross and Marco has never been rude.

Before you tell people to go to bed and read their Bibles you should read the posts and make sure you understand what you've read before spouting off.

Where do you get off telling people to ask God for forgiveness? You would be better off if you took your own advice!

14. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

Marco, you did right.

Why would Baptist Cross question Marco?

[ November 21, 2005, 09:02 AM: Message edited by: Brother Ian ]

15. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think Baptist Cross has his own opinions about the correct, practical application of Scripture, just like we all do. He is entitled to his opinion of how Marco reacted, I just don't happen to share it.
    Moderators: Please don't take this as an attack on Baptist Cross, it isn't it's just my opinion. I always respect the right of others to give their own opinions to posts, just as they respect mine.
    Marco-you reacted with self-discipline, and restraint. You have nothing to feel guilty about, and I certainly wouldn't give up your martial arts training over it either. [​IMG]
    Look at it this way Marco: The Unsaved Marco would've probably injured the attacker more severely, or actually killed him. The Saved Marco warned the attacker of his Martial Arts training, and then reacted when the warning was not heeded. The Saved Marco now feels guilt & remorse for his action/reaction [​IMG] . The Unsaved Marco would probably be dancing on the guy's grave. Aren't you glad (like we are on BB) that you are Saved? [​IMG]

Rob

[ November 21, 2005, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: Friend of God ]

16. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Baptist Cross,

Why would you accuse Marco of making false statements about such a personal issue?

17. DeadMan

DeadMan New Member

Marco, first off you did not sin. You were trying to stop a criminal. Injuries he incurred while being stopped are because he was doing something wrong, not you. The police didn't charge you because you didn't do anything wrong! Secondly, no one has a good start when becoming a Christian. Satan really focuses his efforts when we start down the right path! So hang in ther, brother, and know we're praying for you! I applaud you for chasing down a bad guy! Most people would have ran the other way! [​IMG]

18. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

You defended yourself and property. You did nothing wrong and handled the situation in the proper manner. Many people would have just shot him without a chance. You are a very brave man!

If you think you are wrong and satan sees that, he'll use it against you. You ARE NOT wrong.

19. bruren777

bruren777 New Member

Marco,
    I agree with chipsgirl. If you have any doubts whether yuo did the right thing, satan is attacking you. he wants you to think that you've done the wrong thing.

Here is what I do when the enemy attacks, I say: "satan, in the Name of The Lord Jesus Christ get behind me."

He has no choice, he has to leave, he can't stand up to the Power of the Name of Jesus. He has to leave, but as long as you pray, study the Bible, do the work of the Lord,satan will come back and attack.

You see, satan does not bother with the unsaved, he already has them.

You can actually feel good when he attacks, because you know you are about the Lords work.

If you want to know about someone who was about the Lords work and he was attacked by satan, read the Book of Job.

God Bless you brother,
    In Him,
    Bruce
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Mt 5:38
    ¶ Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
    Mt 5:39
    But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
    Mt 5:40
    And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.
    Mt 5:41
    And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
    Mt 5:42
    Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

You figure it out. :(