1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Something EVERY CHRISTIAN MUST READ!!!!

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by C.R. Gordon, Jun 9, 2004.

1. C.R. Gordon

C.R. Gordon New Member

http://www.joshharris.com/whatsnew/churchbook.htm
    [ June 10, 2004, 03:11 AM: Message edited by: Dr. Bob Griffin ]

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Something EVERY CHRISTIAN MUST READ!!!!

I happen to think that the only writing that falls into that category is the Bible, but I'll probably take a gander [​IMG]

3. C.R. Gordon

C.R. Gordon New Member

yeah, yeah, yeah...
    you know what i mean! ;)

4. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

Psychobable for the religious. A grain of truth wrapped in a mountain of words in order to sell books. You don't "fall in Love" with God. You learn to love Him or you don't (it's up to you), but it isn't "falling".

5. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

Josh Harris just rode the coat tails of papa into the ministry. Why not make a few bucks in the process.

6. kung_foo_christian

kung_foo_christian New Member

I'd kiss dating goodbye with that lass on the cover.

[​IMG]

-KFC

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I'd have quite a library if I owned every book that every Christian must read [​IMG] .

8. C.R. Gordon

C.R. Gordon New Member

I think it is sad.
    we will gobble up "PURPOSE DRIVEN life" because it says something that tickles our ears, but when an author comes out and says something that is soild, then it's "Psychobable for the religious"

He's a reformed fella.

9. C.R. Gordon

C.R. Gordon New Member

The thing that impressed me more was that
    John MacArthur and Mark Denver both gave the book thumbs up!

10. amixedupmom

amixedupmom Guest

C.R I applaude your efforts and think that what you posted is correct.

But, the thing it most people when they do not agree with a church leave. Depending on the situation, might not come back. I think this is what your discussing here. That people should stick to thier guns and not leave a church simply because of minor disagreements. Realize I said minor. Major ones can not only rock a chuch to it's foundations, it can destroy it.

God Bless

11. C.R. Gordon

C.R. Gordon New Member

The ONLY reason you should EVER leave a church is if it's over doctrine. if my pastor stood up and said "I am going to teach how works save you."
    I'd first pull him aside and have a strong talk with him, and if he still would not move on the topic, then I'd leave.

But to leave because your toes get stepped on, and there is not enough activies for your kid, and there is not enough of a "social structure" is stupid, and they really need to examine themselves. (READ 2 Cor. 5:13)

2 Corinthians 13

5Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you--unless, of course, you fail the test?

12. amixedupmom

amixedupmom Guest

CR I really agree with that statement. But, then again some people take that as a scapegoat too.

They leave when they shouldn't simply cause it fits what they want to do. I'll admit a while back I had the same problem with my church and I was VERY human about it. But, I've lived and learned that if I don't agree with something, I should pray and speak to the pastor that, the person will come to the light and get themselves in order. Now remember i'm talking about the BIG things here not the small ones [​IMG]

13. C.R. Gordon

C.R. Gordon New Member

Oh i agree 110%.

I'm talking MAJOR doctrine...not something petty.
    and if someone leave due carpet color or something GOOFY, then...well you know.

14. amixedupmom

amixedupmom Guest

Yes I know EXACTLY what your referring too, And I tend to pray harder for them [​IMG]

15. C.R. Gordon

C.R. Gordon New Member