1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Something from my Blog...

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ex-Fundy, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Ex-Fundy

Ex-Fundy New Member

I thought you would enjoy this, (I hope!) It is an editorial written on my Blog, in response to a article in the New York Times:

October 22, 2007​
    Editorial: Why Yes, This is America. Love it, Support it, or Leave!​

There are times when one must not be silent. There are times when one is aware of misinformation being propagated in a supposed legitimate mainstream newspaper. It is during these times that one can either choose to remain silent or choose to speak out and correct the wrongs and make his voice be heard. It is during these times that one can either choose the foolishness of going in the street and screaming like mentally depraved fool or he can choose to fire up his copy of Microsoft Word and write to correct the injustice wrought upon the readers of a very well known newspaper. This is one of those times.

Today in the New York Times, An unsigned opinion article that looks like it was written by some open border advocate, titled “Ain’t That America”. In this opinion piece the writer attempts to equate American attitude toward mass illegal immigration in the United States of America to the “Jim Crow” racism of the 1940’s and 1950’s. To do this, I feel, is to slap every black American in the face. There is one big difference between to mistreatment of the blacks and the perceived mistreatment of the illegal aliens in this country, is this right here, Those Black Americans who were mistreated in the south and the ones in the north who were mistreated, were in fact, American Citizens. The illegal aliens that have invaded our borders are NOT American Citizens! They are, in fact, invaders from another Country, namely Mexico, who seek to live here, under the radar of the Immigration Officials. They come here, steal our jobs, live off our resources, take advantage of our programs, including social security, and think that they are entitled to this! My friends, has America gone mad?

It is inarguable fact; this country technically owes these criminal invaders nothing. Yes, I do believe that there should be a mass deportation of ALL illegal aliens in this country. Yes, I do believe that this Nation is capable of carrying out such a task. The reason why this is not happened is because our nation’s policy makers and the current Presidential Administration is more interested in pandering to big business in this country, than they are enforcing the laws and carrying out difficult decisions that is in the best interest of the sovereignty of this Nation and the people who reside in it.

I am sure that my regular readers of this Web Blog will want to ask me how I can feel this way and claim to be a Christian. It is just this simple, the Bible says, Quite Plainly:

Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake. (Romans 13:1-5 KJV)

And in Spanish for the invaders:

TODA alma se someta á las potestades superiores; porque no hay potestad sino de Dios; y las que son, de Dios son ordenadas. Asi que, el que se opone á la potestad, á la ordenación de Dios resiste: y los que resisten, ellos mismos ganan condenación para sí. Porque los magistrados no son para temor al que bien hace, sino al malo. ¿Quieres pues no temer la potestad? haz lo bueno, y tendrás alabanza de ella; Porque es ministro de Dios para tu bien. Mas si hicieres lo malo, teme: porque no en vano lleva el cuchillo; porque es ministro de Dios, vengador para castigo al que hace lo malo. Por lo cual es necesario que le estéis sujetos, no solamente por la ira, mas aun por la conciencia. (Romans 13:1-5 SRV)
    The term “Higher Powers”, is referring to persons in Authority, either Spiritual AND Civic or Secular. I find it quite offensive, when I see supposed “Christians” encouraging these invaders to break the laws of the United States of America and they are Christians? That is pure blasphemy!

In closing, I also noticed the strong anti-American attitude of this article. Let me remind the anonymous author of this article, that citizenship in this country is one’s choice. If you are so displeased with the situation here in America, you might consider citizenship in some country which agrees with your warped mentality, like say, Venezuela, Iran, Russia or some other country of that nature, you would fit right in there.

Remember folks, This is America, many great men fought and died so the we can be free, let us not spit on the graves on those who died by embracing a open border policy.
    ----------
    Comments?

#1 Ex-Fundy, Oct 22, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2007