1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Son of God means???

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Greektim, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What do you think the term "Son of God" meant?

Is it a reference to Jesus' deity? His royal messiahship? His fulfillment of Israel as Israel? Identity as the last Adam? Something else?

2. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I think you summed it up pretty good actually. Now.....how about the title "Son of Man"?

#2 Jedi Knight, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2013
  3. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe it means. The Spirit God, Hear ye Israel Yahweh Elohim of us Yahweh One, generated in a virgin woman, the woman who was taken from man created in the image of Elohim, a man child, the Son of the Living God.

I believe Elohim who told Moses, I shall become who I am becoming, tell the children of Israel, I shall become, he sent me unto you, became who he was becoming in his only begotten Son, Jesus the Son of Man who said I Am.

Made a little lower than the angels yet by inheritance obtained a name more excellent than the angels. This is the Son whom God, appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

How is this so? Because this Son was in the Father before the the foundation of the world, the Lamb ordained to be slain before the man created in the image of Elohim was created or the woman taken from the man by which this Son would be born.

You asked.