1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured "Son of God"

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Berean, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    did the passion not give Jesus his due, for being the suffering servant of Yahweh though?

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Sinful man should not "IMITATE" the sugffering of the one without sin. It is blasphemous! How in the world could you and I have any concept of the suffering Jesus Christ endured.

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Was the intent to glorify Jesus by the movie, or to mock and ridicule Him? that is what God judges by!

4. drfuss

drfuss New Member

I saw the movie last week. There were some things different from scripture. The two main differences that jumped out at me was: when Jesus ascended, there were only eleven people there and one was a woman; John was the narrator saying that the church grew under the leadership of Peter and Mary. No mention was made about Paul. The leadership of Mary sounded very Roman Catholic to me.

5. OldRegular

I suspect the intent of the movie is to make money! That is generally the purpose of movies. It is obvious you do not think it is wrong for sinful man to imitate the suffering of Jesus Christ~

6. OldRegular

The Roman Catholic religion, in particular the priesthood, is simply an updated version of Judaism.

7. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

It doesn't take a Rocket Scientist long to figure out . . . .!!!!!