1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sonship of Christ question

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Vlad_IL, Jun 9, 2005.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I am not sure that you did not misunderstand my post.

Vlad_IL stated in the OP: “Now, I believe that Christ is NOT self-sufficient, He is fully God, but He is THE SON and is begotten/born of the Father. Born, but not created (i.e. Christ does not have a beginning, He is eternal but He is ‘created’ by the Father, as God’s wisdom or God’s Word).”

In my response to Vlad_IL I stated: “I strongly disagree with your premise.” The premise stated in the OP and repeated above.

I followed that by the statement: If the Triune God [Father, Son, and Holy Spirit] is not self existent then He is not God.

2. Vlad_IL

Vlad_IL New Member
    Site Supporter

Vlad_IL stated in the OP: “Now, I believe that Christ is NOT self-sufficient, He is fully God, but He is THE SON and is begotten/born of the Father. Born, but not created (i.e. Christ does not have a beginning, He is eternal but He is ‘created’ by the Father, as God’s wisdom or God’s Word).”

In my response to Vlad_IL I stated: “I strongly disagree with your premise.” The premise stated in the OP and repeated above.

I followed that by the statement: If the Triune God [Father, Son, and Holy Spirit] is not self existent then He is not God.
    </font>[/QUOTE]OldRegular,

You have misunderstood my premise. I believe that the Triune God is self-existant and self-sufficient, but individual Persons within the God-head are NOT self-sufficient.

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

</font>[/QUOTE]OldRegular,

You have misunderstood my premise. I believe that the Triune God is self-existant and self-sufficient, but individual Persons within the God-head are NOT self-sufficient.
    </font>[/QUOTE]You are stating that God the Son is a created being.
    That is, to put it kindly, unbiblical [John 1:3] and is the doctrine of the Jehovah's Witnesses.

My original statement that “I strongly disagree with your premise.” is an understatement.