1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Sore Loserman 2016 Edition

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by InTheLight, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wait a minute. You think Nevada is in the Bible Belt? I thought the BB would bypass Vegas.

#21 Rippon, Feb 3, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  2. BrotherJoseph

BrotherJoseph Well-Known Member

Sorry LOL...thanks for catching that, I meant South Carolina, I will go back and edit that embarrassing mistake!

3. BrotherJoseph

In jr high had a "mock" election for the presidency, I choose liberal California Governor Jerry Brown! Boy I was lost back in Jr. High! I also have a funny memory of my history teacher in grade school discussing the presidential election and he mentioned Pat Robertson, he said something like, "I am a religious man too, but I would have to have a guy's hand on the nuke button that said he pushed it "because God told me so" LOL!

4. BrotherJoseph

Trump should win Nevada for the opposite reason that Cruz has a chance in South Carolina, because as you properly corrected me it is definitely anything, but the Bible belt! Although, I am a bit puzzled how in Iowa how Trump did get a good portion of the evangelical vote (though not as much as Cruz). This is a man that says he has never asked God for forgiveness, but it seems that doesn't matter to most evangelicals or perhaps they don't know it.

I think people just want to support a winner and they know Trump unlike most politicians probably would do what he says, especially with ISIS. I don't think he has the knowledge on his own to be president, nor does he seem to give many specifics, but people know that he will do what he says and that is why he is leading (that and because he is not a career politician). If he is elected, as long as he hires a good cabinet team and advisors and listens to them, I don't think he would be a bad president, but whomever told him to skip the Fox debate (maybe it was himself that told him that because he was afraid of Megyn Kelly) certainly showed a lack of political discernment. I heard on the news there were a bunch of last minute undecided voters in Iowa and the majority ended up deciding to go with Cruz or Rubio. I think they were upset that he skipped out on his job application -their debate!

5. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump has S.C. in the bag.

6. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Last I read about a month ago it certainly seemed that way.